Original topic:

is there an app to enable creating a note by speaking on note10+

(Topic created on: 4/15/21 11:04 AM)
SweetTasha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

I want to be able to speak into the phone and have the words recorded on the phone as text. I believe  Bixby may have an app to do that. I removed Bixby long ago because of the frequent, annoying notifications that proved almost impossible to remove. I might be willing to put up with that if Bixby is the only app available to do voice recognition to a note.

TIA.  SweetTasha

0 Likes
4 Replies
Wassep
Comet
Options
Note10
Do you mean text to speech note-taking? If so you can just use text to speech inside any note taking application. I believe you can ask Bixby to dictate, which will type but you need to have the note app open.
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

Wassep, thanks for your reply.

You stated you can just use text to speech inside any note taking application. I'm looking for speech to text,not text to speech. 

Thing is, I don't have a note-taking app and I don't know which one is a good one to use. Do you know whether Bixby does that and, if so it is in general a decent app? What app do you use?

Thanks. 
SweetTasha.

0 Likes
Wassep
Comet
Options
Note10
My apologies I missread! Speechnotes has treated me well with speech to text note-taking and its free. I don't think Bixby makes a note if you tell it to, but you can possibly ask it to open the Speechnotes app and take it from there. Hope this helps in some way!
0 Likes
green5178
Galaxy
Options
Note10

Hi on both my s8 and s10 which i just tested now from the samsung keyboard if i click on the microphone what i say gets typed on the screen.  I tested on the samsung notes app.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

0 Likes