cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKC8Opc3YHI
Constellation

note 10+ fingeprint unlock not working - allowing swipe unlock

Even though I have three fingerprints setup in biometrics and security my note 10+ would still unlock via swipe.  I also had face recognition on.  When I turned off face unlock under face recognition my phone now allows unlock only by fingerprint or my passcode.  Seems to me I should be able to use both fingerprint and face recognition.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: note 10+ fingeprint unlock not working - allowing swipe unlock

Hello. The Note10 allows users to have both forms of biometrics enabled concurrently. From my test, the phone displays the scanner icon when the screen is turned on, and even as facial recognition occurs. 

Recognition of the user happens quickly when faster recognition is toggled, therefore you won't have a chance to use any registered prints. The phone will unlock once your face is accepted.

Screenshot_20190826-124726_Settings.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userKC8Opc3YHI
Constellation

Re: note 10+ fingeprint unlock not working - allowing swipe unlock

Just tried this,  have biometrics on, 3 fingerprints, turned back on face recognition and faster recognition then restarted phone.  With this change I can unlock my phone by swipe only. Matter of fact the screen even shows "swipe to open".  So another change and try,  I leave face recognition on, leave biometrics on, turn OFF fater recognition, restart phone and it works using my fingerprint, no swipe.