cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9HBxanoUOe
Asteroid

"Inaccurate Spots" with S-Pen on Note 10+

Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is an issue anyone else has had. I've just only gotten into using the S-Pen with drawing today, and while going over it, I noticed that there's a weird issue.

There are multiple spots around the phone where the pen is inaccurate. Normally, the line will be right next/under the tip of the pen. So I can be drawing a straight line, and when the pen goes over this area, the line noticeably goes further away from the tip of the pen.

Has anyone else had this issue? for reference, I have a few spots, but the 3 worst ones are:

1- Around middle of the phone to the left, (in line with the power button, but a bit before the curve)
2- Bottom-ish right of the phone. In line with the speaker holes on the bottom, and then about an inch up or so.

3- Bottom left corner of the phone, just before the curve. Putting the S-Pen there moves the 'cursor' over 1cm away from the pen.

Also, not sure if i should return the phone? Or is this something fixable?

15 REPLIES 15
userQzVMXUmgdT
Constellation

Re: "Inaccurate Spots" with S-Pen on Note 10+

I am having the same issue, along with an issue of the s pen selecting before pressed to the screen. 

@user9HBxanoUOe wrote:
Hey Guys,

Not sure if this is an issue anyone else has had. I've just only gotten into using the S-Pen with drawing today, and while going over it, I noticed that there's a weird issue.

There are multiple spots around the phone where the pen is inaccurate. Normally, the line will be right next/under the tip of the pen. So I can be drawing a straight line, and when the pen goes over this area, the line noticeably goes further away from the tip of the pen.

Has anyone else had this issue? for reference, I have a few spots, but the 3 worst ones are:

1- Around middle of the phone to the left, (in line with the power button, but a bit before the curve)
2- Bottom-ish right of the phone. In line with the speaker holes on the bottom, and then about an inch up or so.

3- Bottom left corner of the phone, just before the curve. Putting the S-Pen there moves the 'cursor' over 1cm away from the pen.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have a case on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9HBxanoUOe
Asteroid

Hi adam, applogies for the late reply. 

Yes, i do have a case on the phone, however i have the issue with or without the case.

I also tested the phone in the showroom at the place that sold it to me, and it has the same problem as well.

I'm not sure what to do..

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Do you have a case on your device?

Supernova

@user9HBxanoUOe wrote:
Hey Guys,

Can you repro this with the pen and point out the spots and provide screenshot?  As I have tried all over the screen and in the spots you pointed out, but all seem to be good.  When I remove the pen, I tap on "screen write" and test there.  What do you use to draw? - an app?

user9HBxanoUOe
Asteroid

I'll reply with screenshots and a better explanation soon. I'm currently out so i can't really. 

Although to answer your question, the problem doesnt even need an app for it to be seen. Just hovering the pen in those areas will show the cursor moving further away from the pen than it should.

user9HBxanoUOe
Asteroid

Ok here we go.

As i mentioned earlier, the issue can be seen without any apps or anything, since the SPen's cursor jsut moves away.

However, i've attached a gif i made from a video i just filmed (sorry about the bad quality, best i could do.) where i used Autodesk Sketchbook to show the issue.

First i touch the pen to the screen, and as i reach the side it just jumps to the left and puts a bit of distance between the pen and the cursor. Then as i go further down, you see it acts up a bit more at the bottom.SmartSelect_20190907-234826_Video Player.gifYou can see the distance between the line and the pen

I tried filming the one that's in line with the speaker (bottom right side), but that one is a bit hardee to film since the line doesn't get warped as much.

I thought this might have something to do with the curve, but there's a bit of distance there from the curve, and that also doesn't explain the spot on the bottom right. Also, it works just fine on the curved area above that one.

Any ideas?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Testa
Asteroid

Testa
Asteroid

Hello there @user9HBxanoUOe @, did you happen to solve this issue? Im having the same problem.. its kinda frustrating since s-pen is the reason i bought the phone..

I feel like somehow the angle in which you hold the s-pen has somthing to do with it. Other times i feel like it has to do with some kind of electromagnetic interference.

Its weird.