Original topic:

ui 3.0 absolutely terrible!

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 11:32 AM)
wb18
Astronaut
Options
Note10
I hope everyone else is just as disappointed as I am. I've had a note 10 plus the past idk 14 months or so, and have loved every minute of it, until today, when I absent mindedly clicked update? And wow! now this garbage. Way less user friendly, apps aren't even working at all. I gotta get some sleep, but I will def be updating this. Has anyone else had, or is having problems.? Total let down for sure. 
9 Replies
userTwGF6KUXuP
Constellation
Options
Note10
On the contrary I love it. None of these issues on my note s20 ultra. Update ur phone or uninstall 3.0?
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Note10

Sorry your phone is acting up... that's no fun considering your phone as been perfect for over a year! -  - As I started from the S20+, maybe that's why I had no problems?   I don't know all the changes 3.0 has given... I think part of it is they are trying to make it easier to use one hand on phone, so everything is down from top of screen... And I now they have a bubble option pop up when you get a text... (if you choose that option) I use the Samsung pop-up as it seems better...  Other than that, I don't really notice much, if any, changes.

For the apps that are giving you problems, the best thing to do is to uninstall and reinstasll them... that should solve that problem for you.   Hopefully everything else falls into line for you.  Good luck.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

0 Likes
genii
Astronaut
Options
Note10
I agree, I love my Note 10+. When I updated, my phone hot locked into a reboot loop. I had to take phone to an authorized repair shop and have them Uninstaller update. I'll be staying with 2.5 until Samsung can get it together
0 Likes
wb18
Astronaut
Options
Note10
is there a way to revert the damage done? I just want my old phone back..I know, I know. I'm not big on change to begin with, but this is over the top, absurd insanity
0 Likes
genii
Astronaut
Options
Note10
Take your phone to a Samsung Authorized Repair Service and they can flash the UI 2.5 back. Unfortunately, my phone still wants to update and says it will automatically update no matter what I want. I don't know what to do now. If I find an answer, I'll let you know. What a mess!!
0 Likes
wb18
Astronaut
Options
Note10
yikes,I was afraid of that. thank you for the help. hopefully there's enough outcry, Samsung will fix this mistake.
0 Likes
userAw1c25b7t4
Astronaut
Options
Note10

Terrible indeed. It's not even about performance on older phones, etc. The UI is generally less user friendly. Processes take more button presses and swipes than they used to. Example: swiping down the notification shade used to reveal the power button up top to turn off/restart the phone. Now you have to pull down twice before it appears. Notification shade used to hold more buttons per page, now it holds fewer and you have to swipe pages to see more. Editing a photo used to automatically save a copy instead of overwriting the original file, now it overwrites by default, and you have to again tap more menu buttons to save a copy. There are more irritants like this, these are only a few examples from only one day of use. It feels like they changed things just for the sake of making it different, instead of making improvements. 

wb18
Astronaut
Options
Note10
I couldn't have said it better. I've got a few apps I was using consistently daily! they crash immediately upon trying to open. I travel a lot for my profession, I use Google maps in conjunction with my Garmin, more so when I'm in cities. I used to be able to turn the screen off and leave maps running, so as not to kill battery life, and all I had to do was double tap to wake up and maps would stay. now if I turn the screen off for more than 10 seconds, it will close maps all together, I have to unlock phone and start the trip all over again. I also used battery saver mode a fair amount. where you had selections starting with high performance, optimized, moderate, and maximum save modes. all of those settings would themselves set the screen resolution, the brightness ,etc. now you really have to know the phone and know what you're doing, and go into each of those settings separately. why? why would Samsung make every thing harder. I'm having trouble reading what is playing in my Spotify when I grab the drop down, I just had my vision checked at the beginning of the year, it's outstanding, I don't wear glasses or contacts.. not me, it was fine before. my anxiety has been over the top the last few days because of my disappointment with this update. I was literally just telling my wife last week, I'm due for an upgrade this year, but being that I loved this phone so much and nothing else was catching my eye I would just keep it! content. now here I am, frustrated, looking at other phones be cause at this point, I'm getting rid of it sooner, I swore I'd never do apple, but, there's nothing to lose. I feel like I'm basically starting all over on this phone, and it's not worth the original price tag anymore, not by a long shot. I wish Samsung would fix these problems and listen to people. at least take some suggestions into consideration and fix the bugs. I'm beyond irritated, let's make things harder. They're coming out with daily wellness reports so you can keep an eye on the amount of screen time you spend each week, yet with the recent changes that will be skyrocketing. used to be a swipe and a tap, maybe a click, now it's 5 each.. I'm rambling, I think I got my point across..
0 Likes
userS5ywqrYANJ
Constellation
Options
Note10

I hate it to. A lot of the ui changes, is really bad. Ex the new volume controller, with the transparency is really bad. The new look on the notification drop down is also really bad, compared to the old one. I have had Samsung for many many years now, and this is the worst update ever. I am considering switching to another brand now. 

0 Likes