JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

1TB micro SD card for the Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 11-29-2020 06:55 PM)
Options
Note20

Hello,

I own the Note 20 Ultra and just pre-ordered the Tab S7 Plus WIFI 512GB and am wondering about the 1TB micro SD card.

As far as I can tell, Samsung doesn't sell a 1TB micro SD card (which would be my first choice).  At least I can't find a 1TB. I found a 256GB and 512G on Amazon.com.

Can Samsung recommend a 1TB micro-SD card, please?  I don't see any recommended list online or in the Note 20 Ultra manual.  I don't want to buy a card only to discover (during a phone call) Samsung won't support it because it isn't on the "approved list" or by Samsung.

If there isn't an "approved list," does this mean Samsung will support any 1TB micro SD card by any manufacturer?

Does Samsung have any recommended specifications for a 1TB micro-SD card?  (Presently, I've been using 128GB, 256GB and 512GB cards by Samsung in my multiple Samsung mobile devices.

Thank you.

10 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Note20
The max you can install is 512gb for total of 1Tb with the on board storage in the Note 20ultra.
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

According to their spec sheet:

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-note20-5g/specs/

The Note20 Ultra supports:

One Nano SIM and one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)

Which would bring a 512GB model to 1.5TB max.

Sandisk is the only manufacturer I can find that even has one (saw a PNY one for $23, but that is likely bogus). 

Options
Note20

@usermzeJaY3BsM wrote:

Sandisk is the only manufacturer I can find that even has one (saw a PNY one for $23, but that is likely bogus). 

I agree with you concerning the PNY 1TB card.  It looks bogus.  PNY is a valid company (crappy warranty support as they mail the replacement from China), but don't think they have a 1TB out, yet.

Just wish Samsung would state the 1TB card used in their testing.

0 Likes
Options
Note20

The documentation I read says the micro SD card for the Note 20 Ultra can do 1TB.  If you need references, I can find them. 

Total is internal 512GB, 1TB st, and whatever the SIM offers.

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@user4E7ordadrW I don't think there are any approved lists but what I suggest getting is get the highest speed possible the one with U3 rating. 

0 Likes
Options
Note20
Samsung only supports up to 1TB. Sandisk makes great ones. I've only ever used their MicroSD cards because they've never given me any kind of issue ever. No errors whatsoever. I would only trust their brand. You can get their 1TB card now for much cheaper than it was at launch of course on Amazon. I wouldn't trust PNY. I've heard of people having random loss of their data and compatibility issues.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
NadeT
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yes Amazon has a special right now for a 1TB micro card that works for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Here's a pic.1TB card for Galaxy Note 20 Ultra1TB card for Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Mäw
Comet
Options
Note20
old thread how is the sd card holding up, can you post a link to it if it's still working good?
user3LR5J167jD
Astronaut
Options
Note20
So it is what we all have seen that we can use a 1TB micro card. It fits in the 20ultra note with no problem? Samsung seems to have no information about it other than it can hold it. But doesn't show which brand. I appreciate you.
0 Likes