JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g disconnected when wifi is switched on.

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 03:53 PM)
usereYb7vYq8i6
Constellation
Options
Note20

Ever since the Android 11 update, my note 20 ultra disconnects 5g when wifi is on. As soon as wifi is disconnected,  the "5G" icon at the top lights up. What's going on here? Also, I noticed that my wifi is routinely disconnecting and reconnecting throughout the day. 

2 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Note20
"Ever since the Android 11 update"... ?? Ever since I purchased my very first smartphone the original iPhone way back in the day, whatever icon that's been used on any of my devices to denote the mobile connection it's made to that service, has always been replaced with the standard fan shaped five line icon showing me I'm connected to the internet via a wifi connection whether it be to a router, ISP hot spot private or public, any mobile hot spot, tethering for shared internet connection, etc. The 5G icon is your internet connection so when your connected to the internet via WIFI, so you don't use mobile data and use the WIFI data. You can only connect for internet downloading and things one way unless you tell your phone otherwise. Your 5g regional cell using the 3 bandwidths via radio waves counting to your carriers antenna for communication services normally has an icon that looks like this,
:antenna_bars:, the 5 bars. recently, they have been combined to show both in one icon when your not using wifi and are using your mobile carriers connection to everything only. The WIFI connect and disconnect happening, happens all the time to everyone as you move in and out of covered WIFI zones which are smaller and faster per GB speed, so stronger but have a shorter range or smaller cell.
0 Likes
Solution
usereYb7vYq8i6
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yes, it changed with the android 11 update. Whether or not it was a glitch with the previous android 10 or not, the 5g was lit even when wifi was on. Your explanation makes perfect sense though and I accept it. Thank you. I'm thinking it was some glitch with android 10 and the 11 update fixed it.