Solved! Go to Solution.
The wife and I are having issues with our S20 including:
- Incoming calls from others go to voicemail
- Outgoing calls to each other go to voicemail but calls to others go through fine
- Text messages are not going through to each other
So far we have done the following:
- Replaced SIM card
- Wiped phones and have not installed any additonal apps
What has temporarily fixed the issue is rebooting the phones. Here is another odd occurence that happened today:
- Wife sent me a text message at 8:27am. I did not get it. She said she tried to call me but it went to voicemail. I tried to send her a text message and got an error message saying that it could not be delivered. As soon as that happened her message that she had sent an hour earlier came through to me.
We have full bar 5G cell strength. We have strong Wi-Fi and we have tried both cell service and Wi-Fi calling. Nothing fixes the issue permanently.
Any ideas from anyone?
This is a known issue increasingly more common. And it is a major fault. The phone is not fit for purpose. Samsung need to get this resolved. A flagship phone that cannot receive phone calls is simply ridiculous.
See the following threads. It is not carrier specific. It's a handset issue not a network provider issue.
You will find toggling flight mode on and off restores connectivity.
Harrass Samsung until it is resolved. The more people who report this issue directly and forcefully to Samsung the more likely it is a fix or even an acknowledgement of the issue will come. I suspect Samsung are trying to avoid a PR disater by not publicly acknowledging this fault.
i have the same issue with my S20 Ultra on tmobile...it's not actually a Samsung issue as much as tmobile exagerating their 5G network areas...I've commented on this repeatedly but here's a link to my last response to someone else with same issue and how to fix it:
hope this helps!
did switching to LTE help with your connection issues? Just wanted to follow up and see if you gave it a shot or not.
check the above link, I've posted the information from Tmobile that explains how to check if you're using the correct SIM card.