JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working in Note20 Ultra - SM N986U1

(Topic created on: 11/6/20 1:13 PM)
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have 5g plan with Verizon. I am in 5g coverage area. Verizon did all the troubleshooting and said I am supposed to get an update from Samsung,  after that 5g will work, rest all looking good from Verizon. . Yesterday night I got update.  But still no luck with 5G. Earlier when I called Samsung Tech support, they asked me to check phone in Ubreakifix. But no luck there as well. They couldn't find anything in their diagnostics. Its more than a month I am facing this issue. 
108 Replies
ZeusD
Halo
Options
Note20
I have a5g card in mine, and still no update.
txmedic
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Found it that it's included with the one ui beta.
0 Likes
Xldaverx
Asteroid
Options
Note20
still nothing... smh
0 Likes
FBOL
Halo
Options
Note20
You won't see any improvement in performance until they have stand alone mid-band 5G...
0 Likes
userVJbTWXwwZ1
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hi my note 20 Ultra is not catching 5g signals not even 4g that my Note 9 easily had. It has the weak LTE signal and that I have not changed my Verizon plan. This time I did get the factory unlocked.is it because of that? I am worried why is it doing that. Slowest internet speed ever. Also biometrics aren't as smooth as they were with note 9

Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Note20
nope. 4g and 5g work flawlessly as well as biometrics. in fact the ultrasonic fingerprint reader work 1000x better than it did on note 10+
0 Likes
MargeryRed
Constellation
Options
Note20

Mine too!!! Samsung help! How do I fix this? My phone is also an unlocked purchase and I am on Verizon. 

Options
Note20
Mine is working fine. But mine is carrier locked so it has all of the settings and permissions that it needs. You may want to try going into the settings and tinker with the mobile network set up.

- Select Connections then go to Mobile Networks
- Select the highest Network mode whether it be 5G/LTE/3G/2G etc.
- Ensure the Network Provider says Verizon
- Google the Verizon Access Point Name and add it in if it is not automatically registered by your SIM Card.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
0 Likes
FBOL
Halo
Options
Note20
Samsung and VZW will both need to push firmware updates to enable nationwide 5G. Neither will commit to a specific date. They will likely be pushed by the end of the year.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

I am new to this platform and I wanted to say Hi. 

I just purchased my first Samsung product. 

I am enjoying my new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G.

I hope everyone is safemand healthy today.