JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working in Note20 Ultra - SM N986U1

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 02:53 PM)
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have 5g plan with Verizon. I am in 5g coverage area. Verizon did all the troubleshooting and said I am supposed to get an update from Samsung,  after that 5g will work, rest all looking good from Verizon. . Yesterday night I got update.  But still no luck with 5G. Earlier when I called Samsung Tech support, they asked me to check phone in Ubreakifix. But no luck there as well. They couldn't find anything in their diagnostics. Its more than a month I am facing this issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
108 Replies
Options
Note20
It is most likely Verizon and the availability in your area
0 Likes
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
i have another ph in my home its 5g is working. so not an issue with coverage. as I said earlier, I am in coverage area. thanks for your response 👍
Options
Note20
Have you checked your network mode settings?
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
yes. in global mode
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I'm with T-Mobile and recently had to get a new SIM card for the 5G switch, but I'm sure every carrier is different.
userC8qXLbc4Kp
Constellation
Options
Note20

What kind did you have to get now

0 Likes
YiLu
Asteroid
Options
Note20

You are not the only one, i have the same issue, i got new 5G sim card from Verizon and tried 100 solution to fix it, but failed, sounds like Samsung note 20 does not support Verizon 5G nationwide. and i just ordered IPHONE 12 PRO MAX, time to change the phone, it support all the 5G. I have no idea why Samsung did this to me, and i paid 1 month for 5G and still stuck with my stupid 4G! waste my money!

klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
exactly same pain i am going thru.
YiLu
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hope they can fix it or gave us update the phone quickly!

0 Likes