JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working in Note20 Ultra - SM N986U1

(Topic created on: 11/12/20 11:17 AM)
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have 5g plan with Verizon. I am in 5g coverage area. Verizon did all the troubleshooting and said I am supposed to get an update from Samsung,  after that 5g will work, rest all looking good from Verizon. . Yesterday night I got update.  But still no luck with 5G. Earlier when I called Samsung Tech support, they asked me to check phone in Ubreakifix. But no luck there as well. They couldn't find anything in their diagnostics. Its more than a month I am facing this issue. 
107 Replies
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

You don't need to use the ATT CSC anymore.  You can use a hidden menu to do it which keeps you off of ATTs software.

0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
If you are still in the TJ3 firmware, you can enable 5G for Verizon using a dialer code. If you do, don't upgrad to TJ4 as it seems to break it.
0 Likes
Kupopo
Asteroid
Options
Note20
too bad I'm on TJ4 update.
0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Here are the instructions to get it working:

https://pastebin.com/MqkTxDRR

0 Likes
TheOneTrue
Constellation
Options
Note20
on unlocked TJ2 this method doesn't seem to work which is a bummer
0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Darn, that's too bad. I've verified that it does work on both the TJ3 and TJ4 versions of the unlocked device firmware.
0 Likes
usersPpA6FeKzQ
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This phone awful. I can barely make or receive calls on ATT 5G. Literally have to resent network to eek out a call. Red error message shows couldn't connect. Hours w ATT, 2 new SIMs, hard reset and Samsung finally admitted there are issues. Sending in today. Such a disaster.

Options
Note20
get out of global mode. go to 5g lte 3g mode. global generally turns off 5g
0 Likes