JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working in Note20 Ultra - SM N986U1

(Topic created on: 11/9/20 2:53 PM)
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have 5g plan with Verizon. I am in 5g coverage area. Verizon did all the troubleshooting and said I am supposed to get an update from Samsung,  after that 5g will work, rest all looking good from Verizon. . Yesterday night I got update.  But still no luck with 5G. Earlier when I called Samsung Tech support, they asked me to check phone in Ubreakifix. But no luck there as well. They couldn't find anything in their diagnostics. Its more than a month I am facing this issue. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
108 Replies
TheOneTrue
Constellation
Options
Note20
because the update doesn't contain the unlock for the low band 5G from verizon. if you check reddit or xda you can find a way to set your phone to act like it's on AT&T and that will get you verizon 5G. everything works as expected except for visual voicemail if you use that.

another solution is to download the one ui 3.0 beta and install that as it has the bands unlocked but that's a bunch of work. otherwise you just need to wait until samsung unlocks the band for Verizon
0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

You don't need to use the ATT CSC anymore.  You can use a hidden menu to do it which keeps you off of ATTs software.

0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
If you are still in the TJ3 firmware, you can enable 5G for Verizon using a dialer code. If you do, don't upgrad to TJ4 as it seems to break it.
0 Likes
Kupopo
Asteroid
Options
Note20
too bad I'm on TJ4 update.
0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

Here are the instructions to get it working:

https://pastebin.com/MqkTxDRR

0 Likes
TheOneTrue
Constellation
Options
Note20
on unlocked TJ2 this method doesn't seem to work which is a bummer
0 Likes
TJN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Darn, that's too bad. I've verified that it does work on both the TJ3 and TJ4 versions of the unlocked device firmware.
0 Likes
usersPpA6FeKzQ
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This phone awful. I can barely make or receive calls on ATT 5G. Literally have to resent network to eek out a call. Red error message shows couldn't connect. Hours w ATT, 2 new SIMs, hard reset and Samsung finally admitted there are issues. Sending in today. Such a disaster.

Options
Note20
get out of global mode. go to 5g lte 3g mode. global generally turns off 5g
0 Likes