JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working in Note20 Ultra - SM N986U1

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 02:53 PM)
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have 5g plan with Verizon. I am in 5g coverage area. Verizon did all the troubleshooting and said I am supposed to get an update from Samsung,  after that 5g will work, rest all looking good from Verizon. . Yesterday night I got update.  But still no luck with 5G. Earlier when I called Samsung Tech support, they asked me to check phone in Ubreakifix. But no luck there as well. They couldn't find anything in their diagnostics. Its more than a month I am facing this issue. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
108 Replies
Romansh
Constellation
Options
Note20

Have exactly the same issue! Still looking for a good solution.

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
@Romansh which carrier do you have? if you have TMobile, I've posted the solution above. if you have another carrier... I know with Verizon you have to have a 5G data plan, 5G data is not included with existing plans. Once you have a 5G plan, they have to refresh your device to set you up on their 5G network. ATT has a similar process. Tmobile you have to have one of their new R15 SIM cards for your 5G phone to work correctly on their network but 5G is included for free on Tmobile.

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
RaviCVemuri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hey guys. I could not find a mobile data icon in the quick settings panel when scrolled down from the homw screen. I talked to the customer support and they said wait until next update. Is there anyone with the same problem? Let me know in comments.
0 Likes
lorilopezzzz
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Did you try turning off WiFi and then checking for the icon? Your 5G or 4G won't show up if you have WiFi calling activated.
0 Likes
RaviCVemuri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
hey, thanks for replying but I tried doing that but I could not see one at all. I have to go to settings often and turn it off if I had to. Wifi calling is turned of too.
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
Hello @RaviCVemuri

I have the icon in my quick settings panel on my Note 20 Ultra. Did you check the menu of the quick settings panel to see if the icon is hidden? When you open the quick setting panel, swipe down again to access all of the buttons, the menu option is on the right side (the 3 dots) next to the system setting icon. then click on button order and see if the mobile data icon is there, you can drag it down to where you want it.
*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
RaviCVemuri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thank you for your reply. I checked all over the place. I could not find one.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

Did you check if the icon is on page 2 of the quick panel? You can swipe left to see the 2nd page.

If you don't find it there, click the 3 dot menu and select Button order. Across the top it will show icons that you can drag down into your quick panel. If you swipe that list left you will see additional ones which can be added. 

0 Likes
RaviCVemuri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thank you for your reply. I checked the 2nd page too and it's not there. I tried doing the button order too but it didnt work.
0 Likes
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20
RaviCVemuri, does your Note20 Ultra 5G have active sim card & service with a US carrier? You could possibly be experiencing a sim card or network issue. The mobile data icon will only appear when there is a sim card installed & Wifi Calling is a carrier feature that gets added once your sim card has been provisioned by your carrier.
0 Likes