JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working in Note20 Ultra - SM N986U1

(Topic created on: 11/9/20 2:53 PM)
klchandrakanth
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have 5g plan with Verizon. I am in 5g coverage area. Verizon did all the troubleshooting and said I am supposed to get an update from Samsung,  after that 5g will work, rest all looking good from Verizon. . Yesterday night I got update.  But still no luck with 5G. Earlier when I called Samsung Tech support, they asked me to check phone in Ubreakifix. But no luck there as well. They couldn't find anything in their diagnostics. Its more than a month I am facing this issue. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
108 Replies
RaviCVemuri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thank you for replying Mark. My carrier is At&T and I bought my device with tge carrier. I tried re inserting the sim card and it is still the same. The WiFi calling is turning on.
0 Likes
userBMHqpmiYYS
Constellation
Options
Note20
Hello there
I do have the same problem like you, I cannot find the Data Icon on my note 20 ultra, did you find a way to fix it? if you did please let me know.... thanks
0 Likes
RaviCVemuri
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Hey.. I came to knew that it's because i bought my phone with At&t. T-mobile phones too doesn't have that bro.
0 Likes
WalterD
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hello, Samsung Note 20 5G community. 

I finally got the final item, that I have been waiting for, to begin using my Note 20 5G Ultra, my Samsung EVO 512GB SD memory card!

Up until now, I've just been using my Note 20 5G,  to play solitaire, play music, on Samsung music, and look at YouTube.com videos.  It was always my intention to put the 2 cards, (AT&T SIM card, & Samsung EVO 512GB SD memory card), in the Note 20 5G,  and at that point, my phone would be activated, and I could finally put my long overworked Note 8, into semi retirement.  Alas, it appears that I can't do that just yet.

I've put the AT&T supplied SIM card, into my Note 20 5G, but the phone still isn't working.  Can someone (Hopefully from Samsung!) Please tell me what I must be doing wrong?

Robert3301
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I think you have to call your carrier to activate your sim card to that phone hope that helps.
txmedic
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Has anyone with an unlocked variant gotten any updates enabling verizon's new 5g? I read something on the Verizon forums saying that it's in Samsung's hands but I haven't found anything around here about it. 
Biged1218
Halo
Options
Note20
it hasn't been pushed yet
jeromeyg26
Constellation
Options
Note20
I have an Unlocked variant on Verizon and I still haven't received it either.
Undecided
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Unlocked s20 ultra on vz in socal, never seen 5g icon. Still waiting for the 1ui 3 update too.
userHsxNy6RNep
Constellation
Options
Note20
I have a unlocked note 20 ultra on Verizon you need to go to Verizon to get a 5g sim card