7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 96Hz on Note 20 Ultra

mines showing 120. I got the samsung s20 ultra
Highlighted
Nebula

mobile browsers do not have the same amhardwarw acceleration as Desktops, so it might be off. I do know that the Note 20 gas variable refresh rate, so it might actually be 96 at that moment.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Here's my Note 20 Ultra. Using Samsung Internet Beta browser.

Screenshot_20201013-210434_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

These phones S20, S20+, & S20 Ultra (I assume same applies to Note 20's)   have an in bertween refresh rate of 96 hz;  this was already built into these phones, but a guy on XDA made the app so you could go from 60 to 96 to 120, your choice.  Maybe this might help you some...??? - - I had installed it for a while, but later removed it.  I'm running at 60 hz refresh, w/ WQHD resolution so I can conserve battery.  Since I'm not playing games, it's no big deal for me. 

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/sszb.s20.refresh

Highlighted

I've been using it for the past week. I have extended my battery almost 2 to 3 extra hours.
Highlighted

The phone has a variable refresh rate, which means it detects what is needed and pumps that out, your testing program may not have been adjusting for this.

I just ran the same test and got 119hz, letting it sit for a moment it went down to 60hz, then used my finger to scroll the page, and it went back to 120Hz, showing how the Adaptive refresh rate is doing it's job.

Highlighted

I much favor battery life over Hz. MineScreenshot_20201014-150427_Samsung Internet.jpg