Original topic:

ATT to T-Mobile transition with an Unlocked Phone...HELP!!!!!

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 07:30 AM)
JLA781
Halo
Options
Note20

Hello All,

I need help as I am in a battle between ATT and T Mobile....

I unlocked 2 phones with ATT. A Note 20 Ultra and a Note 8 and moved to T Mobile (TMB) as my provider

The Note 8 transitioned without issue.  The loading screen changed to TMobile when I put the new SIM card in and it seems to transition to TMB without issue.  

Note 8Note 8

As you can see the Service Provider SW Ver says TMB...and everything works find with that phone...

Now the Note 20.  It is connected to TMB but this is what the screenshot says

Resized_Screenshot_20210825-224310_Settings.jpeg

The Note 20 software says it is ATT/ATT/ATT which I believe is part of my issue.

I've reset the note 20 3 times

I've done everything I can.  Calling Tmobile they tell me it's an ATT thing (as told by Samsung) and of course you call ATT and they say "you're phone is unlocked, this has nothing to do with us"

Does Anyone have any ideas?!?!? I'm lost

18 Replies
rph052012
Asteroid
Options
Note20
From my understanding, a unlocked 5G phone will bounce from network to network finding the fastest connection.

Also, depending on the antenna in your device, it will only go to the performance level it can physically receive.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
Sounds like a settings issue. You can add or select networks from your network settings.

>Settings
>Network settings
>Network operators (toggle off to get a list)
>And you can also look at your access point names.

Phone maybe selecting the wrong Network automatically and you have to give it the ability/designated which one you want it to use.

0 Likes
JLA781
Halo
Options
Note20
I just did this even though I had originally attempted to select T-Mobile as my network and there was no change this is a software issue for sure this cannot be a Carrier issue because I'm definitely connected to the T-Mobile network
0 Likes
ElWormo
Halo
Options
Note20
Just keep complaining up the chain until someone straightens this out. To me, Samsung has ultimate responsibility for their unlocked phones.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
You might want to check out the patch level you have July on your ATT. T-mobil I believe hasn't released the July or August patch. Maybe that's why it doesn't show.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Your note 20 ultra is not a factory unlocked phone.
You can flash it with stock firmware but I don't think that would change the SW version. If it works on t mobile is OK that it says AT&T because they share network
0 Likes
JLA781
Halo
Options
Note20
What do you mean it's not a factory unlocked.phone
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Factor unlocked phone has XAA at the end of SW VER