Original topic:

Accessibility for Samsung Galaxy Note20 for physically disabled

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 09:06 PM)
JudyF
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Is there a way to use the swipe feature, or even a single tap instead of the double tap feature on the1st screen? My husband is disabled & uses a mouthstick, (he cannot use his hands) & it is extremely difficult to double tap to turn the screen on using a mouthstick. A single tap or swipe would work, but not even the phone techs can change that setting. Once the 1st screen is on, the clock screen will allow the slide feature, but not before. We prefere Samsung products, and the only phones that allow the slide or even just 1 stouch, is the iPhone...we are not fans of iPhone.
4 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Did you try face recognition?
0 Likes
JudyF
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thank you for your response.
We did try it. In order for him to operate the phone, the combination of distance needed between his face & the phone screen, as well as the angle/tilt of his head/face does not allow for face recognition to detect his face.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
There is also am option "replace side with single tap"
0 Likes
JudyF
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Thank you for your response.
I will look into that. I spent 3 hours at our mobile phone store today...they were not able to change the current setting for the 1st screen. They said it is a security feature that all mobile phone companies are now implementing on all mobile devices.
But I will check it out.
Thank you.
0 Likes