cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Accessibility options

Hello,

I have a disability, specifically Cerebral Palsy, which limits the use of my hands, and I use my bottom lip to operate the touchscreen on my phone. I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and I need help with finding a way to unlock/ wake the screen without having to double-tap the screen or use the side buttons. I previously owned a Galaxy S8+ and I could wake the phone by pressing the home button/icon. Whereas with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra I cannot locate a home button to unlock the screen. 

I want to know if there is a way that I can change the settings to add an icon that would allow me to wake the phone when it’s on standby/ sleeping mode. Does Samsung have a native accessibility option that would work? I can look into third-party apps but I would prefer to change the settings. If you don’t have a native option that suits my needs, do you know of a safe third-party app to try? 

I’m generally very good with technology, so this has me a bit bewildered. Since I can’t find an alternative option, I decided to reach out to Samsung. Are there alternative methods that would allow me to wake my device without double-tapping or using the side keys?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Accessibility options

Hello! 

One thing I could recommend in regards to waking the phone would be our lift to wake feature. You wouldn't have to worry about pressing any buttons with this feature. As soon as the phone is lifted up to be used, it would automatically wake.

You can find out more information on this feature and how to enable it by clicking here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083345/

Constellation

Re: Re: Accessibility options

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not able to use my hands. I wouldn't be able to lift my cell phone with my liip.