cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Anyone else having issues with brand new products?

I've had my fill of Samsung after buying the note20 ultra. Started off unable to find the 500gb version, given the run around for days by Samsung, tons of website glitches. Worst phone buying experience in my life. Settled on the 120gb whatever model, only to find half my memory is already trashed from bloatware on arrival with the ever horrible, no good for anything Bixby stealing dedicated buttons yet again. 

Big selling point was the new camera, which is beautiful, when it works properly. Close range lidar auto focus works for a split second before blurring the image beyond recognition, unable to focus properly. Shutter lag is still as annoying as ever leading to motion blurs but at least this is better than previous models, though still far substandard for cutting edge hardware I paid for.
Next the galaxy watch 3, and with the big selling point of fda approved ekg and blood pressure functionality. The whole reason I bought the watch was for ekg and blood pressure (not even released yet) functions. The ekg is extremely sensitive to movement and ONLY checks for afib. This was NOT disclosed in any advertising or product information. What the hell is the point of having an ekg if it only picks up a single suspect condition??? I can only imagine blood pressure will work just as poorly, if they ever release it. The oxygen saturation meter is also far too sensitive and won't work with the slightest twitch of your arm, has no automated reading capability, and I'm expected to believe it will read vo2 max accurately despite this?

I could easily keep going but suffice to say, Samsung needs to get their shit together instead of release 20 different phones at the same time with substandard functionality. 
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Anyone else having issues with brand new products?

I got note 20 ultra. and its all about knowing how to use the camera dude. have you tried the pro mode? auto is of course gonna blurr if your trying to take what your describing as a "macro" shot.. you know the flower image under pro.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

what you say about the pro mode is true but I still agree with the initial post. I bought a Galaxy S 20 UWA 5G and I have to agree that my 8 and 9 took better and Clearer "basic" shots. I also have had bad customer service dealing with Samsung and Verizon about phones; not to mention I paid all this money for this phone and either there is something wrong with the phone's antenna and/or I am getting terrible service, I can't seem to get past troubleshooting the phone. when you buy something, EVERYTHING the phone is supposed to do, then it should do.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Maybe a lot of this had to do with China virus with lack of global parts and Samsung personnel working together art work vs homes?

It seems to be affecting product quality worldwide from electronics tip produce.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Anyone else having issues with brand new products?

I will agree with that but they shouldn't be putting out a bad product, price it like it's premium and then act like they are clueless.
Samsung should have pushed the product back until it was up to standard and if they knew that it was likely that some of the phones were going to come back, then show great customer service and and fix it. That goes for Verizon and the rest of the carriers too. that is not an excuse .