cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

App blocking screen when minimized

Samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra.jpg

I have to use the RSA app for work, which generates token to as a set in the process to authenticate for work on another device. In my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, after I either minimize the app to the background or close the app, it continues to obscure the screen. If I swip up from the bottom and switch to another app, I can see that app fine. But when I am in the launcher, it shows a box where the app is. I am using the microsoft launcher which might be the problem, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this happen. I am to reboot the device to fix it. even if I force kill any and all running apps, it still obscures the screen.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: App blocking screen when minimized

First thing to do is to try without the Microsoft launcher. If the problem disappears, contact the Microsoft launcher developers.

If it remains without using the Microsoft launcher, contact the RSA app developers. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the advice. The results are mixed.

1. If I start the One UI Launcher, I cannot reproduce the problem.

2. If I am in the Microsoft Launcher, and the problem happens, and I switch to the One UI Launcher, the blocking box is still there overlaying One UI.

So this is either (a) a microsoft launcher problem and I have now reached out to them as well, OR (2) it is something to do with Android on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Not sure I follow your logic here. If it does not happen when using One UI Launcher then the cause does not appear to be a Samsung nor Android issue. The issue appears to be with the Microsoft Launcher. Either an issue directly with the launcher or with the interaction between it and the RSA app. 

Highlighted
Nebula

have you looked at the app itself??? maybe somewhere in the permission settings it's been set to overlay any and all displays.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for the advice. I checked the RSA Token app and it only grants access to the Camera so it can scan a QR code to configure the app.

Highlighted

report it via Samsung Members app. directly sending error reports to Samsung. Download it from Galaxy Store and look for Error report. 

Also, what was the next step in the recent apps? did you swipe to go to the home screen or did you close the app in the recent apps?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the Samsun Members app suggestion. I will try that immediately.

Sometimes all I need to do to initiate the problem is swipe up and off the screen to go back to home.

Sometimes, I am swiping up enough to go to the app switcher and it happens.

Sometimes, I am in the amm switcher and close the RSA Token app (and no other apps are running) and it suddenly happens.

I have even gone to settings -> Apps -> RSA Token -> Force Stop, and that doesn't help either.

Highlighted
Nebula

possibly in the RSA APP itself?? maybe it's written in to stay permanent above any and all when its installed?? just thinking outside the box. Maybe your phone is fine, settings are fine, and the app itself is the variable in the situation. Do you have another device you could load it to to see how it performs??
Highlighted
Nebula

what about the SPECIAL PERMISSIONS section of the Settings/ Apps/ ... maybe the "Appear On Top"

clipboard_image_1605801142086.jpg