Original topic:

Apps and icons disappeared after samsung update

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 06:52 PM)
Members_d3gvsC9
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Samsung had an update this morning.. 6/16/22 and now all of my icons and play store apps are gone. How do I get them back? I've tries doing a restore to before the update but that didn't work. 

8 Replies
RadiantLin7
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Oh my, so junk when Updates mess with our settings, usually does away with my passwords for Apps, have to reenter
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

strange issue, haven't heard of this one.

if the apps don't show in play stores, it should be available in the galaxy store. Same goes for updating apps, if one doesn't work then the other app store should allow update. This is because of the device category that Google uses to filter compatibility (is the simplified explanation that I recall)... As for disappearing, idk why it would disappear... if it ever happens again, asap report to samsung members app > get help > error report.

0 Likes
usercK4BL7dSGX
Constellation
Options
Note20

This recent update just popped up this morning 6/17/22 and it really screws me over.  I'm relying 100% to do work on my phone while traveling and I cannot call technical support to troubleshoot this either since I have limited phone access. 

The newest update removed all my apps and icons from app drawer and home screen.  I researched to clear cache, use different launchers,  uninstalled and reinstalled apps but still not showing up in app drawer, and even 'flash' to revert back to previous version.  Should develop an option to revert to previous version.  Because I had no problem with the previous software.   

But now just Nothing works.  its such a hassle to have to go to setting--> apps --> scroll to look for my apps. This had ruin my vacation.  I paid for international plan on my phone and a cruise internet package just to ensure everything runs smoothly. But this literally ruined it and costed me allot.

It's so frustrating.   If anyone figures out a way please let me know.  Samsung should really test out the updates before launching it.  This issue needs to be addressed immediately.  

(T-Mobile -note 20 ultra)

0 Likes
Totobiuno
Constellation
Options
Note20

I'm also having this issue. The newest Samsung update broke Go Launcher. Even after restoring from Go Launcher backup, the Icons appear but most say "Loading" on them. They eventually disappear from my Home screen and from App screen. I wrote an email to the Go Launcher devs. I suggest everyone do the same.

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Note20

report error to samsung members app > get help > error report   see if the samsung engineers can detect something regarding the issue.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

are you using One UI Home launcher or other 3rd party launchers?

0 Likes
DirtDogggyDog
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm using One UI Home, version 13.1.05.3 and only some of my apps show in the app drawer. I can't figure out why some are not showing. Started months ago for me and I've tried everything I can think of. Right now I have to open the app drawer and use the search bar to open the missing apps.
0 Likes
DirtDogggyDog
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Well, I may have just solved my problem. I have "Good Lock" app installed. I changed the following setting: "Home Up" plug in - "Home Screen" - "App List". I turned it off and back on and now all my apps show.