JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update causing freezing and lagging

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 06:20 AM)
GOKUGATO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Every time comes a new cellphone ours devices have an update that make them slow do u buy a new one. I'm very disappointed of Samsung  did update before fold 4 came our now my cellphone is lazy slow and freez. Reset the cell still the same.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when your phone is freezing and lagging. There are some steps you can take to resolve this issue. Take a look at this article: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001416/

If the phone is still freezing and lagging after testing in Safe Mode and a Factory Reset, then it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
You can do a hard reset to get rid of files, apps, duplicate, even files of apps you no longer have installed. It's just like a computer. It accumulates junk and you need to clean it out once in a while...at least every couple of years.
GOKUGATO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Done 2 times start anew account still the same.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Created a new account is not the same as wiping your phone clean..
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Our phones are never slower after an update ... it's performing proper maintenance that dictates how your phone runs

So , NO , it's not an update scam
0 Likes
GOKUGATO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm a tech guy I now what I'm talking. So. Everybody that their cell slows and freeze and also Bixby turns on by itself to. Every body have the same issue say yo
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Except not everybody is having the same issue.  I can only assume you have an S22 as you never mention what device you have, but posted this in the S22 Forums.  My S22 Ultra had no issues with the update that occurred after the Flip and Fold devices came out.  This is why most are suggesting the factory reset option.  I am sorry this did not work for you.

0 Likes
GOKUGATO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
S 22 ULTRA
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
You're still missing something

We have two S21'S and two S22'S and all four run great
(and on old S7 Edge that performs great, except battery wise)

So then the big question...

... What have you performed to attempt to improve the performance of the sluggish phone ?
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I usually power cycle my phone OR boot into safe mode to see if there are 3rd party apps or apk's that are causing the issue on my samsung phones.
0 Likes