Original topic:

Bought new received used from website

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 10:17 PM)
nursepract
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Anyone had this issue? In June I bought a note 20 5 g ultra.  Received it and imei and serial number said build date was June. I went Into internal storage and found files from December in the phone. Personal documents as in a birth certificate and social security card pic from a person in Colorado. Called and was told to send it back and I got a refund. Waited until August and ordered another new note 20 5g and guess what same issue but this has someone's facial recognition in it from may and it was on wifi in may and it has podcasts and pics of a lovely family in it from April and may. Imei and serial number states build date of August. It has a scratched camera speaker don't work nothing.  I can get no help from this company. They held me off for the 15 day period by promising phone calls to me withing 5 to 7 days twice so there went the 15 days. I have over 600 ticket numbers spoke to over 943 reps. Been told fake claim/ ticket numbers, half of my calls in have been undocumented thank gosh I have them all recorded and screen shot. Been on hold for as long at 3 hours then hung up. I called several key samsung stores and have been advised to seek legal counsel. I was told by 5 reps to immediately erase the data. No way! Been told to send it in on the 1 year warranty for repair but my thing is I ordered 2 new phones and received 2 used. To me when the imei and serial number states a build date and those come from the government this would be a serious issue. Iam at a loss for words. I see many people buy items and cannot activate product because the imei is bad but Samsung makes UT so they can get service somehow. Why has no one ever done anything about this corruption? I have over 1000 call hours into samsung and I have had enough. If anyone has had this issue please let me know. This is not right to us as consumers. We work hard for our money and deserve the best product and best customer service especially at 1400 dollars a phone. Sorry for the rant but I just spent another 2 hrs on chat only to be transferred to 5 reps and having that last one not answer me for an hour and 15 mins before I closed the chat out! So so mad right now!
5 Replies
QMmike724
Constellation
Options
Note20
Wow that's crazy! I've got no advice or solution for ya. Can it empathize and say I'd be beyond angry. When I pay full price for a new phone I want a new phone. Not something refurbished. Hope it works out for ya.
nursepract
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Just wonder how many other people have received used when paying new. Makes me mad!
0 Likes
nursepract
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Still have not received a solution. Samsung will not answer any of my calls and if they do they hang up on me.
0 Likes
useru8Nxf1r3oL
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your purchase. Was there some reason that you bought from that website rather than from Samsung direct? You could have gotten a brand new phone with a full warranty and a clean IMEI for less than 1400 dollars. You might have paid less if you caught one of Samsung's sales. That's why I didn't buy my Note20 on eBay. I didn't want to take the chance that I would get a headache. Can't you return it? Or maybe you can trade it in at Samsung. At least you could get some of your money back. Good luck.
0 Likes
nursepract
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I did buy both on the website and samsung will not help me. Iam beyond mad and they hang up on me and all my calls have been deleted. I have everything recorded though!
0 Likes