Original topic:

Broken front camera after screen replacement

(Topic created: 05-22-2022 05:21 PM)
Drm25
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I replaced the LCD screen on my Note 20 ultra, everything works fine except the front camera . It was working fine before I replaced the screen after I replaced it it doesn't work so I bought a new front camera and replaced it still doesn't work make sure it was the US version ( the camera ) I've done a soft restart I've done a safe mode restart I've cleared partitions cleared the data I've done everything short but factory reset. Does anybody know what else I can try before I factory reset. I honestly don't think that will fix it but I guess you never know. Anybody have any ideas?  I've heard it could be a software issue but it doesn't make sense because it was working fine until I replace the screen and then it didn't work we're talking a matter of 5 minutes. Idk

0 Likes
6 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
And your are sure that the connector is securely connected?
Dial *#0*#
And test mega camera
0 Likes
Drm25
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Yes I've checked several times hoping that was the problem.
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Check the camera access
Screenshot_20220522-172114_One UI Home_30045_1653265274.jpg
0 Likes
Drm25
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Access is on and when I do the test *#0*# rear cameras are fine front camera doesn't come on
0 Likes
Options
Note20

I had a similar problem. In my case I own the Snapdragon Note 20U N975U1. When I replaced the screen the camera didn't work. Come to find out that the snapdragon camera wont work on the international variants of the replacement screen which is what's mostly out there.

So I took out the old camera from my broken screen and used it ever since. so you can buy a new camera its got a new one one line but using the old one.

Front Camera compatible to Samsung Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra / S20 / S20 Plus 5G (US Version) × 1

$6.99

Hope that's the problem with your as opposed to damage. Good luck.

0 Likes
Drm25
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure that's what's wrong with mine. I have the snapdragon as well, so when I replaced the screen a camera was already installed with the replacement . Not knowing at the time I threw the broken screen and frame away with the old camera still in there I should have pulled out that camera and swapped it over to the new frame and screen but I didn't cuz I didn't know and I'm pretty sure that's why my front camera doesn't work now I did order a new camera supposed to be the US version I installed it 3 days ago and still no fix make sure the connection was good but it front cameras just not working
0 Likes