Original topic:

CHAT POP-UP everyone is getting & can't stop!

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 11:08 AM)
useryBeG142iJ0
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I am making my own post because these boards won't let me reply nor see replies once signed in for some reason. And I see the only official replies are worthless and don't even understand the issue.

I have been getting these SCAM wifi chat pop-ups every few minutes for at least a week. When I got this phone this message came during set-up. If you declined, it stopped and you never saw it again. Now it interrupts your calls, texts, videos, or whatever else you are doing. IT MAKES YOUR PHONE USELESS, pretty much. 

I DON'T EVEN USE GOOGLE MESSAGES nor chat nor do I want to start. This is probably just a slimey method to get us into their new shady practices. Look into it if you don't know what I am talking about. DON'T SUCCUMB TO THESE TACTICS and give up even more information and privacy!!!

WHY DOES SAMSUNG DEFAULT MESSAGES APP SPAM US FOR GOOGLE/JIBE CHAT OVER WIFI??!?!?! This is ridiculous. This kind of stuff makes an iPhone more and more appealing. 

Anyone find a solution yet?? Are we going to have to wait for some far off update? 

6 Replies
Je655
Sun
Options
Note20
How would this make an iPhone appealing? You can change your default messages app with android, with apple your stuck with there proprietary imessage that's similar to Google's chat feature.
0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Note20
Everyone was asking for reactions (like iphone) and more features now there available and nobody will accept the settings for them...
0 Likes
MochaVex
Comet
Options
Note20
You could look into the exact app that's giving you the popup. Use ADB to disable it. You'd get PackageViewer2.0 from the play store, then look on XDA for using "pm uninstall" . I used that to get rid of a alot of bloatware / other apps I don't need on my S21. Be very precise and don't get rid of the wrong app!
JT654567
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Just uninstalled Google messages and pop up doesn't go away. It's been happening ever since the last update. **bleep**!
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Note20

what exactly are you seeing? share a screenshot please?

0 Likes
grumpass
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I was able to find a solution myself on my s20...Samsung was useless on support. Problem is I don't remember what I did to fix it, sorry. I tinkered with deleting data and turning off chat features directly and turning off show on top.
0 Likes