cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Call and text on other devices removed from AT&T devices

<edit> I Have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus & The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra on At&t, and for some Stupid Reason they removed the Call & Text on other Devices on the At&t Phones. Now when I Had the Tmobile Note 10 Plus and the Samsung Tab S6, I didn't have that Problem. I like to get a little work done on My Tab and most of the time my phone is in the other room charging or not on my Person, and now I can't receive calls or text, or Make Calls or Send text because Samsung Removed it on At&t Devices.  That is so Frustrating.  I have one more year with At&t, and after that I'm out. Not sure if I want to Stay with Samsung after that. And after reading a lot of Google reviews it seem like a lot of people are feeling the Same way. I'm tired of hearing people Say Apple don't have that Problem but I can careless about Apple. I own a IPhone 11 Pro Max but even still I can Careless because I prefer Samsung Products More. But they keep switching things up and leaving us in the dust. I would have stayed with Tmobile if I knew At&t Remove that feature.  SMH. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sun

Re: I'm getting Frustrated with Samsung

Its a carrier decision. I'm with Sprint and we still have that option. I left AT&T over a decade ago over such issues back when HTC was king.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Highlighted

I feel your frustrations and just migrated to AT&T from Sprint/Tmobile and had a horrable experiance just trying to do this but I am still better off with better coverage and Tmobile wanted me to pay $900.00 down on a new phone after being a perfect customer of Sprint for 20+ years!

I just back ordered the wifi Tab S7+ and each day I find something new that either doesnt work or work right! BUT this issue is stricktly an AT&T issue. Samsung and Android give the updates to the carrier to tweek (add and or remove apps and or functions) I am bummed yet another function on the Tasb S7+ that I paid over $1K for will not work. We need to complain to AT&T and nicly tell Samsung that our carrier is removing one of the advertised functions of the new Tab S7+

Sorry! We are both in the same sinking boat!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

as far as I know its under advanced features u just turn it on hun
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: I'm getting Frustrated with Samsung

It Only work on T-mobile and Sprint Samsung Devices. It's not on At&t or Verizon. So for that reason I'm going to T-mobile Next year. Samsung need to stop these people from Tweeking they Phones. That stuff don't Fly on Apple Devices. It suck that I can't use it when all of my devices are Samsung.
Highlighted

Cation before switching to Tmobile I have something you need to know! I was a Sprint customer sense Sprint bought GTE back in the 90's I have perfect credit and had the Samsung Galaxy Forever contract each year owning each and every Note. In this contract each year you return your current device and it pays off that device in full. You buy the new device by only paying the tax and continue paying the monthly installments until the next year. This year Tmobile told FCC and fair trade commission that current Sprint customers would have no change to their services for at least three years! Early spring I started having no signal at home. I later found out they shut off the only Sprint tower for miles! My then Note 10+ could not roam onto the new Tmobile towers and would have to upgrade. Five months later I tried to pre-order the Note 20 and was told sure no problem that will be $975.00 down plus the full retail price tax and a $40.00 upgrade fee and a $30.00 activation fee and overnight shipping of $25.00! I checked online I called I went to a store I called loyalty that told me my Sprint contract is now with Tmobile and this is Tmobiles decision. One of the Sprint loyalty employees trully said "This is not right you have a legal contract and have been with us forever" I took my cell phone and watch numbers I was paying Sprint $200.00 a month for and went to AT&T. Yes their forien sales team and customers service is horrible! BUT I have perfect signal. Tech support is american and I talk to a American loyalty department when I need customer service. I was given a Note 20 Ultra 512 gb zero down on installments same with a watch3 car connect and Netgear hotspot all unlimited my monthly bill is $250.00 I decided on a wifi tab s7+ 512 gb that should have this feature but not a deal breaker!

*Owner of every single Note. Upgraded this year to the Note 20+ 512 GB and the Samsung Watch3 LTE. Pre-ordered the WIFI Tab S7+ 512 GB
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

my phone is on Verizon and its there or rather unlocked running on Verizon so has all of Verizons stuff just none of the bloatware
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Call and text on other devices removed from AT&T devices

I love my Note Ultra and am not going to change carrriers. I will be returning the tablet as this feature was important to me.