Original topic:

Call of Duty Mobile 120 FPS

(Topic created on: 3/10/21 8:18 AM)
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
So CODM launched 120fps yesterday but I don't see the option on my Note 20 Ultra... Is this because it's an adaptive refresh rate? Is there a way (3rd party or side-load) to lock the display to 120htz in order to make this work? If hate to have to leave Samsung after having every Note ever made for something as silly as this. I use this device for 60% work and productive & 40% gaming in my down time (CODM addiction).
10 Replies
Options
Note20

120Hz, and 120FPS are two entirely different things, one does not mean the other, and vice versa, try reading this article, as it explains, better than I can, the difference:

https://www.avadirect.com/blog/frame-rate-fps-vs-hz-refresh-rate/

Also if CODM does not list 120FPS as an option, it would be on their end, as they did not program this to work on your device, NOT Samsung's fault, as they have no part in the development of third party games.

0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
ok so should I be seeing 120fps on this phone?
0 Likes
Options
Note20

Nope.  But you can get it by tricking your device into thinking it is the ONLY device Activision has enabled it for...

How to Unlock 120 FPS in COD Mobile on Android Device - Stealthy Gaming

0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
ok I'll look into that
0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
sorry I'm not familiar with Stealthy Gaming... is that an app? If so does it need to be side loaded? I googled it and didn't see anything... sorry to be such a newb haha
0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
PS thanks for the help
0 Likes
Options
Note20

Stealthy gaming is a web site.  They are suggesting you load an app called VMOS, and then follow the step by step tutorial that is on the site I linked.  I found this all by googling "how to get 120fps in Call Of Duty Mobile", I personally know nothing of the site, or the app.

0 Likes
SamNoteAddict
Asteroid
Options
Note20
thanks I found it. you're the man.
0 Likes
sluicedubz
Constellation
Options
Note20
so what the OP is saying is the bew S2 update for COD Mobile added an "Ultra" option for the framerate setting. this is the option you enable for 120fps on the Sony phone that had the 120fps supported first. so that means our phones should be able to play in 120fps too now,except when you select the option even if you have your screen in 120hz,the game still runs in 60fps. which is dumb because when you select Ultra framerate,it forces the graphics settings to Medium. so in reality, selecting Ultra right now just forces your game to Medium graphics with no pay off
0 Likes