Original topic:

Camera/Flash Issues - Blue Hue/White Smokey Photos

(Topic created: 06-05-2021 08:14 AM)
Cmislang
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Anyone else having issues with their Note 20 Ultra's main camera? Whenever I use the flash setting, it shows a blue hue before taking the photo. Then it comes out looking hazy, white, smokey. 

I'm not sure how long this has been going on for, as I rarely use the flash setting, but I saw that one of the main updates (updated 06/04) was to improve camera functions. Total fail. See photos for reference.

This is a screenshot mid-capturing photo with flash on. As you can see, a blue tint shows up. I do have a camera protector, but it is clean and never been an issue before.

Reference 1

Reference 2

12 Replies
ElWormo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Never seen that from mine, but, I would suspect the contrast is the problem. Try using the flash, or using more lighting on your subjects. I just noticed something else, tap on your subject, before you take the picture to let the camera know what your subject is. Notice the sharpness of the table edge & the papers on the table? That highlight on the table is what the camera assumes is the subject.
0 Likes
Cmislang
Asteroid
Options
Note20
(1/2) Thank you for your suggestions. I just tried them and the only time the photos look less smokey is when they're taken in a highly lit area, which makes the flash ineffective and useless. I also tapped the objects before taking the photo in a lit (but not brightly lit) area, and the smokey film showed up again. Just tried my bf's phone as well, and it has the same issue.

Photo 1: photo taken with flash in brightly lit area. Object tapped.
Photo 2: photo taken with flash in normal light. Area of focus (floor) untapped.
Photo 3: same, but area was tapped for focus.
Photo 4: no flash of same area.

...continued20210604_035017_15741.jpg20210604_035015_15740.jpg20210604_035522_15742.jpg20210604_034952_15737.jpg
0 Likes
usergBKMwO7zSQ
Constellation
Options
Note20
Yes I have that happen. I am extremely disappointed with this phone. I have stayed with this type of Samsung models put I have constant problems now
Cmislang
Asteroid
Options
Note20
YES. Exactly my sentiment!! The worst Samsung I have ever owned. I miss my S7 Edge and Note 8. I got this phone because we decided it was time to upgrade. I had my Note 8 for three years. All upgrades on this phone could have been done for the Note 8. The extra camera lenses are worthless, because the system is not functioning properly. They've made some improvements (I remember when my selfies looked almost cartoonish from how airbrushed I looked, lol! And no filters!), but not good enough. *sigh*
Cmislang
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Photo 5: night mode
Photo 6: used flash, no focused object
Photo 7: used flash, tapped area of focus. Still has a film. 😕20210604_035746_15747.jpg20210604_035733_15745.jpg20210604_035825_15751.jpg
0 Likes
ElWormo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Your flash did not work on the first two photos, there are no shadows. The third photo has the shadow created by the flash.
0 Likes
Cmislang
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I just noticed the photos are in the opposite order. Sorry about that!
0 Likes
Lrock
Nebula
Options
Note20
try a different camera app and see how it looks, this can narrow down if it's hardware level, system software level or application level issue
Cmislang
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Good point. Will try that and update asap.