cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Camera Lags In Poor Lighting

I recently purchased a Note 20 Ultra 5G, and the camera seems to be working fine when pointed at something with good lighting, but when I slowly transition it to a darker area in my room, the camera gets motion blurry and very laggy. I've had an issue where the camera crashed on me after some testing with this, but I haven't been able to recreate it. I have tried changing the refresh rates on the phone since it may have been something with the adaptive refresh rate lagging it out, but it happened with either refresh rate. I also changed resolutions, to no effect. 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera Lags In Poor Lighting

Have you attempted to force stop and clear cache on the Camera app?

Navigate to your settings > apps > click on the 3 dots in the top right corner > select "Show System Apps" > find and click on Camera > force stop > storage > clear cache/data.

Also, does this occur in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device. 

Constellation

I ran it in safe mode and it' still the same issue I've mentioned before. I had assumed it could have possibly been from having imported apps after using the smart switch from my old phone, an S10+, but safe mode still has the issue. After further testing, along with lighting, it seems to be an auto focus issue. When having this stutter, if I put my hand close to the camera, the stuttering stops when it gets into focus I assume. The settings on the camera are default. My last phone never had this issue, so I can't see this being normal behavior. With my tests, it definitely seems like a camera focus problem, if that can expedite any recommendations to fixing this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming this.

I would try fully backing up your device and performing a factory reset and test the camera without restoring from back up. Let me know if you still experience the same symptoms.

Constellation

Yes, the issue feels the same after all that... What can I do? It's new enough that I'm still in the process of returning my old phone for the rebate, but also enough for me to want to just revert to my old phone at this point..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming this.

Since you are still experiencing the same symptoms after performing a factory reset, I would recommend a service repair on your device. You have two options to choose from.

1. Visit a UBreakIFix repair center <-- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

2. Send in device

If you choose to send your device to our service center, please send a private message providing the full model code and the IMEI. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4