cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Camera is HORRIBLE

The bokeh is a natural byproduct of the primary sensor's focal length. If you want to minimize it when taking pictures of close objects, select 2x zoom and pull the phone away from the subject a bit. More of the subject will be in focus, with a lighter bokeh effect. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Camera is HORRIBLE

thanks for the tip
Highlighted
Comet

1x shot. Notice the base of the figure and strong blur of the logo on the drum head. 

20201014_201809.jpg

Highlighted
Comet

2x zoom shot. Look at the clearer base of the figure, and softer bokeh effect. 20201014_201819.jpg

Highlighted
Comet

Another little known fact about the Note 20 camera: it has a 5x optical zoom lens, BUT THE PHONE DOESN'T ALWAYS USE IT. 

If you're in anything less than bright lighting, the phone forces a 5x digital crop from a primary sensor image. Those look like trash. 

People don't know the phone does that, because Samsung doesn't tell us the truth about their camera software, so they end up scratching their heads as to why pictures look so horrible sometimes. 

In low light, the 5x periscope lens might as well not be on the phone, so never go above 2x zoom in those conditions. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a HUGE issue w/the blurry photos! I use my phone for taking photos for my website, zooming in & standing back IS NOT A SOLUTION SAMSUNG!!! I pre ordered directly from Samsung & noticed it right away, thought an update would fix it, NOPE! To make it even worse, it completely omits colors all together! Normal shooting mode, no fiddling w/anything & colors will just not be present! SERIOUSLY?!
Highlighted
Astronaut

I take a lot of pictures of wine bottle labels. it's curved, so it's impossible to capture all of the info on it in a single shot.
I am at a loss of what to do.