I am on my 4th galaxy phone, Note 20 Ultra.
Periodically, the camera will not open or for any app that uses the camera.
I have never seen this before on any of my samsung phones.
I typically need to restart the phone to resolve the issue.
Is there any way that I can fix this? Are they planning a software update to fix this?
does it randomly happen to all apps that use camera? or randomly to only specific apps??
what is your carrier and software version? (settings -> about -> software -> last 4 baseband ver).
Are you able to use the camera when you open the Camera app?
I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. You can do so by following these steps.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
return the phone
i had the same issue on my pre order unit. it started with it not opening then getting camera failed error. its probably not a software issue but a hardware failure with the camera module. if you are within your return window either return it or ask for an exchange.
i had various issues with 3 note 20 ultra units myself 1 from sasmung and the other 2 from best buy. regret trading in my note 10 plus so decided to go with the S20 ultra for now.
Make sure the "Sensor Off" option has not been enabled in your quick settings menu.
1. Using two fingers, swipe down to display the Quick Settings menu.
2. Verify if the "Sensor Off" option is visible in the Quick Settings menu.
3. Toggle off if this option is turned on.
I hope this helps.