JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't access the Data Folder on MyFiles anymore

(Topic created: 01-03-2021 02:36 AM)
Warfare
Astronaut
Options
Note20

You can't access the data folder on my files anymore. The folder is very important you lose one of the greatest things about Android. Not anymore the scoped storage is for security or whatever. Now I can't play my games because I can't use my files trust me the update is great. But when I found out I couldn't do anything with my files barley anymore I hated it. I want samsung to fix this and get rid of this part of the android with their my files app. Or to get away from android and create a better os.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
16 Replies
Warfare
Astronaut
Options
Note20
thankyou i used this one before it did work I didn't find the file I needed but I just found it thankyou
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
That works. Thanks for sharing it.
0 Likes
Mrincarnate
Asteroid
Options
Note20
THANK YOU! Been pulling my hair out trying to get the stuff out!
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
Wow; nice catch! You can see the folder, but nothing inside it. The app linked above works great though, so it seems like "My Files" will be the latest Samsung app to no longer have any use for me.
Unfortunately, avoiding Android 11 isn't a viable option, since many carriers will force it on you eventually.
Warfare
Astronaut
Options
Note20
TheRabbi and knowing Google they will probably eventually get rid of the file app that allows you to access it so I'm not getting to comfortable with it can't believe android did this without one ui 3.0 our phones would suck
0 Likes
useraRYRBjWj03
Constellation
Options
Note20

That app is working like a shortcut to Google's own file manager, so assume it will work for a long time

0 Likes
Dev One
Astronaut
Options
Note20

You can now. See my reply on this thread.

0 Likes