Original topic:

Can't download any Updates - Waiting on another replacement

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 3:23 PM)
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I have never had this many problems with a phone in my life! I bought the Note 20 Ultra 5G 512G  and spent $500 dollars with $900 remaining on this phone. All my problems started when I downloaded the UI 3.0 Android 11, my phone started glitching when I would toggle between different apps while having those said apps open at the same time. I'm having WIFI connection issues which Samsung blames T-mobile. I've troubleshooted everything with T-mobile to no avail. My phone logged me out of all my important apps. 

Samsung then told me that I could take it to my nearest Samsung authorized shop to get my phone fixed but the nearest one to me is over an hour away which is a no go. The regular warranty only allows for Samsung to fix your phone which requires you to mail in your phone without an replacement.

I had to go through a company called "Asurion" which gave me a replacement phone. I received this replacement phone on January 6th 2021. This replacement phone was working for a while but now for the past three weeks I've been having the same connection issues with WIFI and connecting with my network. I've talked to T-mobile for over three weeks now and they can't understand why I'm having these problems. My line out of four is the only one experiencing these said problems. I also must note that I'm the only one with a Samsung phone. 

T-mobile disabled my 5G thinking that's the problem but it still happens on LTE. I thought maybe I could rid MYSELF of these said problems by downloading the new update of UI 3.1 today, but guess what?! I got an error code that said "COULDN'T DOWNLOAD UPDATE Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later." Getting this phone has caused me nothing but problems I should of kept my Note 10 plus.

Now I have to get another replacement phone but I really want my money back to buy a different brand all together. Do not buy this phone or you'll suffer a similar fate. After having to spend so much on this phone just to have Samsung say to me "Oh Well" is a bunch of Garbage. I will be dropping Samsung of all of their products if they don't make this right.

Please post if you're having similar issues. 
25 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Note20
Did you try asking T mobile for a replacement SIM card ?. Or resetting your modem ?. Or on your phone a network reset ?

For network reset: From settings > General management > Reset > Reset Network Settings
(BEAWARE THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES)
I also had a problem with my network/phone. I did this reset my modem, and I was all good
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I've done all of that even changed my phone number and it still didn't fix the problems. My Sim card is brand new only two months old and changed my number last month. T-mobile even checked my phone line and found nothing wrong it.
0 Likes
Ethan78387
Astronaut
Options
Note20
You could rollback updates on the phone. I just dont know how
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Samsung told me that would require myself to drive to another state to have a licensed Samsung technician look at it. They would have to do a Master Reset but that isn't a guarantee and that was with my original phone. The phone I have now is a replacement.
0 Likes
Ethan78387
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Did you try factory reseting your phone?
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
This is a replacement phone. No I do not want to wipe all of my information off of my phone and start over for a third time.
0 Likes
Ethan78387
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I then really dont know why
0 Likes
Ethan78387
Astronaut
Options
Note20
What type is your phone?
0 Likes
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I have the Note 20 Ultra 5G with 512GB. I've noticed that this isn't an isolated event. A lot of people are having the same problem but it not just Note 20's either. This is crazy.