Original topic:

Can't download any Updates - Waiting on another replacement

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 2:09 PM)
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I have never had this many problems with a phone in my life! I bought the Note 20 Ultra 5G 512G  and spent $500 dollars with $900 remaining on this phone. All my problems started when I downloaded the UI 3.0 Android 11, my phone started glitching when I would toggle between different apps while having those said apps open at the same time. I'm having WIFI connection issues which Samsung blames T-mobile. I've troubleshooted everything with T-mobile to no avail. My phone logged me out of all my important apps. 

Samsung then told me that I could take it to my nearest Samsung authorized shop to get my phone fixed but the nearest one to me is over an hour away which is a no go. The regular warranty only allows for Samsung to fix your phone which requires you to mail in your phone without an replacement.

I had to go through a company called "Asurion" which gave me a replacement phone. I received this replacement phone on January 6th 2021. This replacement phone was working for a while but now for the past three weeks I've been having the same connection issues with WIFI and connecting with my network. I've talked to T-mobile for over three weeks now and they can't understand why I'm having these problems. My line out of four is the only one experiencing these said problems. I also must note that I'm the only one with a Samsung phone. 

T-mobile disabled my 5G thinking that's the problem but it still happens on LTE. I thought maybe I could rid MYSELF of these said problems by downloading the new update of UI 3.1 today, but guess what?! I got an error code that said "COULDN'T DOWNLOAD UPDATE Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later." Getting this phone has caused me nothing but problems I should of kept my Note 10 plus.

Now I have to get another replacement phone but I really want my money back to buy a different brand all together. Do not buy this phone or you'll suffer a similar fate. After having to spend so much on this phone just to have Samsung say to me "Oh Well" is a bunch of Garbage. I will be dropping Samsung of all of their products if they don't make this right.

Please post if you're having similar issues. 
userDfFghr7z9U
Constellation
Options
Note20

I believe Google made that page licy, forcing us to use wifi instead of our VERY Expensive dataplan, saying cellular data is Unreliable. So, I should get a 74% discount from mow on for the data plan cuz the carrier network is unreliable. Think it is a deal between Google and our carrier. I have the S20 ultra and won't be ever able to update my phone, cuz I do not have unlimited internet, have a mobile Hotspot plan. Should have bought an Apple this time around, and sorry I did not now. Like the phone, hate Google. 

0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
Unfortunately, 3.1 isn't available for Note20 Ultra outside of Germany and Russia. It will come to us but isn't available yet. If you're using WPS PIN to connect to Wi-Fi, you may have problems. Ensure your security is WPA2 Personal or WPA2/WPA3 Personal.
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
How do I change that? I will check now
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
You have to change it on the router or WIFI Access Point.
0 Likes
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
It is already set to WPA/WPA2-Personal
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Note20
Use only WPA2 Personal as WPA is being deprecated, same with WPS as they are not secured.
0 Likes
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Okay
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I am on AT&T with one ui 3.0 and Note 20 Ultra. I have no issues like that here.
0 Likes
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
👍🏽
Trielle
Constellation
Options
Note20
I also am not having any issues like you are describing