Original topic:

Can't download any Updates - Waiting on another replacement

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 2:09 PM)
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

I have never had this many problems with a phone in my life! I bought the Note 20 Ultra 5G 512G  and spent $500 dollars with $900 remaining on this phone. All my problems started when I downloaded the UI 3.0 Android 11, my phone started glitching when I would toggle between different apps while having those said apps open at the same time. I'm having WIFI connection issues which Samsung blames T-mobile. I've troubleshooted everything with T-mobile to no avail. My phone logged me out of all my important apps. 

Samsung then told me that I could take it to my nearest Samsung authorized shop to get my phone fixed but the nearest one to me is over an hour away which is a no go. The regular warranty only allows for Samsung to fix your phone which requires you to mail in your phone without an replacement.

I had to go through a company called "Asurion" which gave me a replacement phone. I received this replacement phone on January 6th 2021. This replacement phone was working for a while but now for the past three weeks I've been having the same connection issues with WIFI and connecting with my network. I've talked to T-mobile for over three weeks now and they can't understand why I'm having these problems. My line out of four is the only one experiencing these said problems. I also must note that I'm the only one with a Samsung phone. 

T-mobile disabled my 5G thinking that's the problem but it still happens on LTE. I thought maybe I could rid MYSELF of these said problems by downloading the new update of UI 3.1 today, but guess what?! I got an error code that said "COULDN'T DOWNLOAD UPDATE Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later." Getting this phone has caused me nothing but problems I should of kept my Note 10 plus.

Now I have to get another replacement phone but I really want my money back to buy a different brand all together. Do not buy this phone or you'll suffer a similar fate. After having to spend so much on this phone just to have Samsung say to me "Oh Well" is a bunch of Garbage. I will be dropping Samsung of all of their products if they don't make this right.

Please post if you're having similar issues. 
25 Replies
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I'm glad to hear you don't want too. It is super frustrating. I understand that everyone isn't having these said issues but a lot are and across several different Samsung Devices.
LRenae
Galaxy
Options
Note20
you could connect your phone to a PC open samsung smart switch back up your important stuff and hit emergency firmware recovery and it will completely reinstall the firmware back to original state and then just restore your data and see if that works.

or on another hand back up with smart switch and master reset the device yourself and then restore it all.

just a few options....
0 Likes
Thronnos
Astronaut
Options
Note20
honestly. while I'm able to tolerate most of the issues. I have insane amounts of bugs and glitches that IVE never had before. wifi doesn't work, apps will randomly tell me that I have no mobile data, apps will just randomly not want to update in the play store. I know for a fact it's not that network or anything like that. I've never ever ever had these issues on ANY other device in the past. Prior HTC owner and I updated to the N20U from the LG G8. I'll give samsung a try once more with the N21 or whatever equivalent comes out. But honestly for a company that years ago (HTC Evo, Shift, LTE days) that was notorious for crappy hardware and bloated software you'd think they'd toss big money into their devices to fix it.
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I totally agree with you. I'm seriously disappointed with the quality of this phone thus far. It truly a shame. For the first time I'm actually considering jumping to another phone company which I haven't done "EXCEPT" when the Note 7 blew up on people so I jumped to LG. Other than that I'm a true fan of the Note Series. I'm hoping the UI3.1 will fix these problems if not Samsung will losing a lot of people.
kojak35
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I had the same problem a few times after the 3.0 update. I reset the cache partition and it's working fine now.
JewelaC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I wish I could say the same thing but I can not. I've done the cache partition amoung other things.
0 Likes