JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't edit screen recording

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 10:44 AM)
Jaron1226
Astronaut
Options
Note20
So ever since the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra got it’s Android 13 update in November I’ve noticed that there’s an error with a certain feature. I am no longer able to do any form of editing of a screen recording. Usually you’re suppose to be able to shorten or crop a video, but I am unable to do any editing to the screen recording. When you got to edit the screen recording it loads to 100% BUT it doesn’t save your edits. As I said I did not expereince any error until this update. I’ve had this phone since summer of 2021, and have been able to do all my screen recorded edits up until Android 13. This is a major issue that needs to be corrected. Verizon sent a security update in December but in that update there was no fix for the issue I have. Is anyone else have this issue or could you test this out yourself? I am not able to shorten the clip nor crop or edit in any way. 

5 Replies
NotUrDad
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Also having this issue. Very annoying
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to edit your recordings. We have tested this on a Note20 Ultra T-Mobile device. 

Once you save the screen recording, open the file in the Gallery.

Select the pencil icon to edit the recording. 

Once the edits are made, select Save.

If the edits are not saving, make sure both apps are up to date, and try clearing the app cache for the Gallery and Photo Editor apps. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

0 Likes
userjIEJ9jN5Hc
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I just tried this on my Galaxy S20 in the gallery/screen recording folder and the edit does not save
Solution
AzulPeter
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I found a way to fix it....move video to another folder ( create another copy) edit that copy in another folder. That just worked for me. Hope it works for you
Maple_Wolf
Constellation
Options
Note20

Awesome - I was experiencing the exact same issue and this worked for me,

Thanks 😃