Just what the title says...on my Note 20 Ultra, I can't remove the media player controls from my lock screen no matter what I do. I've gone through every setting, including the new media/devices area (where, in the "media" settings, the "use while phone is locked" button is turned OFF)...and I just can't get the stupid thing to go away. Every time I'm listening to something, the controls pop up right in the middle of my lock screen.
I really hate this...I'm hoping it's a bug and not a feature. I don't want anything on my lock screen except the clock. Please help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.
I close all recent apps and notifications multiple times a day. That does nothing. This seems to be a bug and I really hope it gets addressed soon because I don't like the idea of buttons and toggles that do not respond when you turn them off on a phone like this. Makes me wonder how many other settings might not be working correctly that may not be as obvious as this one.
I've got this issue as well after my S10 updated. Both spotify and YouTube music display on the lock screen, despite the music widget being disabled. I'm going to make another thread in the S10 section.
Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.