Original topic:

Cannot place or receive call nor send/receive SMS since 2021/03/01 update (Verizon Wireless)

(Topic created on: 3/1/21 5:19 PM)
userNTdgF2n1Cc
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hello,

I just accepted the Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G update today at 1PM. Since then, I am unable to place any calls (it says "Couldn't connect" in red letters at the top, and plays a fast busy tone). Same behavior when trying to dial 611 or *611.

Inbound phone calls are going straight to voicemail. I am also unable to receive SMS or send them (says "Failed").

I attempted the following troubleshooting steps:

• reboot phone
  • reset network settings and reboot phone
  • turn off phone, remove/replace sim card, turn on phone

None of these steps resolved the issue.
Here is what the screen settings/software update/last update shows:

Software update information:

• Last successful update March 1, 2021 at 1:00pm
  • Version: N986BXXU1DUB6 / N986BOXM1DUB6 / N986BXXU1DUB5
  • Size: 1477.94MB
  • Security patch level: February 1, 2021

I attempted to call Verizon Wireless, they had me go through the troubleshooting steps I went through, then they put me in 30+ minutes on-hold music and dropped the call.

Based on the timing of the problem and the update installation, I am pretty certain the update caused the issue. No other settings/apps have changed. It seems there is no way to "uninstall" the update however.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks Community !

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Note20
May I suggest conducting a partition cache clear. I do this after every OS/security update to clear out the bugs they sometimes bring.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Note20

where did you purchase your phone? its not US version?

try back up your phone to pc using smart switch, then install the software again using smart switch and restore what you backed up.

0 Likes
userb9i7fvcT5u
Constellation
Options
Note20

Same issue on my SM-G991B/DS s21. Cache clear, network reset, and verizon support call reactivation failed (plus others).

What worked was going to a store and getting a new 5g Sim. It took about 8 minutes to get settings once in the phone, but I am back working 100%

0 Likes