Original topic:

Clock options for wake up and dismissal

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 06:35 AM)
user9JCi8LcZVl
Asteroid
Options
Note20

I just replaced my Note 8 with a Note 20. Loved my 8 but battery life was poor so I decided to upgrade. Only had my 20 for a week now & I find it very similar to the 8 which is a plus for me. So the CLOCK app on my 8 had the option to wake with Google weather & news. Loved it! On the 20 I only find the tones available. Is there a way to receive the news weather as a wake up? Another question is, when I swipe the X to turn off alarm it turns it off but then I get a notification that I missed my alarm. Is there a certain way to acknowledge & shut off alarm? Thanks for any help!

7 Replies
siriusbratprnc
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Bixby wake-up routines I believe has this..
user9JCi8LcZVl
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thanks! I'll definitely give that a try then.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@user9JCi8LcZVl 

"Is there a way to receive the news weather as a wake up?"

@siriusbratprnc is correct. In Clock when setting up an alarm, click on the Alarm sound. Choose Bixby alarm.

"Another question is, when I swipe the X to turn off alarm it turns it off but then I get a notification that I missed my alarm. Is there a certain way to acknowledge & shut off alarm?"

Not sure why you are seeing that. I haven't had a missed alarm notification after swiping the X to cancel an alarm. 

usereuKOdUXqTI
Constellation
Options
Note20
My situation is exactly the same as yours. Please post if you something that works
user9JCi8LcZVl
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I've got it working how I like it now. Make sure you've set up Bixby. I hadn't been thru all the Bixby set up so I believe I didn't have the Bixby Alarm choice for my wake up. As for the missed alarm, I entered the sleeping hours option & think that since it ended @ 5a.m. & my alarm was set for 5a.m. it was only registering that I turned off one alarm. I deleted my sleeping hours & only have the 5a.m. alarm now & the missed alarm notification has not recurred. Hope this helps you as well. 🙂
0 Likes
user9JCi8LcZVl
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you!
0 Likes
user9JCi8LcZVl
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Thank you for helping me make my Note 20 as happy as my Note 8 did.
0 Likes