JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connecting to Laptop Using Link to Windows

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 07:46 AM)
J3T
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I've been trying to connect my Note 20 Ultra to my laptop through the "Link to Windows" app, but it never connects and just gives an error message. 

Does any one know how to fix this???
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
J3T
Astronaut
Options
Note20
apparently, the app on my phone was not updated. I updated it, and I works now.

Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thanks for reaching out. What is the error message you are receiving?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
J3T
Astronaut
Options
Note20
It first asks me to allow access to "Link to Windows," everything is allowed. Then when I try to look at messages on my laptop, it says:

"Check that both of your devices are nearby, turned on, and connecter to the same Wi-Fi network."

All these requirements are met.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Are these the steps you followed when connecting the two devices?

On the PC

1. Go to the Microsoft Store, search for Your Phone and download it.
  2. Your Phone will launch on your PC and ask you to specify your mobile OS. Select “Android” and click “Continue.”
  3. You’ll be presented with a QR code to scan on your phone. Now it’s time to set up the Link to Windows feature on your Galaxy smartphone.

On the phone

1. Swipe downward from the top of your screen to reveal your quick panel and tap “Link to Windows.” You can also access the feature by opening Settings, tapping “Connections” or “Advanced features” and navigating down to where it says “Link to Windows.” For other Samsung smartphones that don’t feature Link to Windows, you can download and install the Your Phone Companion app from Google Play.
  2. Toggle Link to Windows on, then tap “Add computer.”
  3. Now, click “Is there a QR code on your PC?” You can now scan the QR code with your phone. Or, you can choose to sign in with your Microsoft account credentials instead. This will link your devices. Click through the prompts to allow the connection.
  4. You’ll see the Link to Windows settings open up on your smartphone, indicating you’re connected to your PC.
  5. If you don’t have the Your Phone app open on your PC, open it now.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
J3T
Astronaut
Options
Note20
when I try to connect to a new PC, it just displays this message

Screenshot_20210203-125718_Your Phone Companion_1278.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Try these Microsoft tips to see if that helps connect to the PC. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/troubleshooting-for-link-to-windows-f37cac2a-dd8a-fa19-acb...

There may also be a compatibility issue. Have you updated your phone to Android 11?

0 Likes
Solution
J3T
Astronaut
Options
Note20
apparently, the app on my phone was not updated. I updated it, and I works now.

Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Perfect! I am happy to hear you are now connected! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

0 Likes