cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Constant "WiFi calling preferences" notifications

I have a Note 20 Ultra (unlocked from Samsung) on a T-mobile plan, and I keep getting this notification. See attached screenshot. "Wi-Fi Calling preferences updated to optimize network experience." 

Can't disable notifications for this app, but I set it to silent, so it's not a huge deal. But is there any way to stop it? I've checked all my wifi calling info on my T-mobile account and it's correct. For some reason I just keep getting this notification numerous times per day, starting this week. Wondered if anyone else experiences this. Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Constant "WiFi calling preferences" notifications

Personally, I flashed my phone to a T-Mobile ROM which takes care of the notification. Unless you turn the feature off, not sure how else to stop it from showing up.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Constant "WiFi calling preferences" notifications

That's a good point. I am not sure I am up for flashing roms these days though, that is something I haven't done in years 😄
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Re: Re: Constant "WiFi calling preferences" notifications

only caution is that the most current ROM, TI5 doesn't seem to allow OTA updates. Go from U1 to TMB U with August or earlier ROMs instead of this one then update to the latest OTA.
Highlighted
Astronaut

it set to bug you everytime your signal goes in and out. it's a headache when both your cell and wifi signal drops here and there.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@rvajeff Are you able to tap and hold the notification and turn off notification from there?

Highlighted
Asteroid

When you tap and hold, you get the "these notifications can't be turned off" caption. I confirmed this in the settings as well, notifications for wifi calling cannot be toggled off. I was able to silence them which works fine, I just still have the notification banner in my dropdown at least a few times a day.
Highlighted
Astronaut

turning off the notification is grayed out.
Highlighted
Constellation

@rvajeff  I joined the forum just to chime in on this.  Greetings from RVA as well!

I use an automation app to intercept and hide notifications I can't get rid of on my own.  It's called AutoNotification and it's really straightforward. Pick an app, enter the notification title and a few words from the notification text and poof!

Screenshot_20201027-100906_AutoNotification.jpg

I also use it to hide notifications from Secure Wi-Fi and Permission Controller telling me an app got my location in the background.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Great idea, thanks for sharing it!