Original topic:

Constantly losing network connectivity

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 06:33 AM)
useraLkrTnYCtc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

My Note 20+ Ultra did a software update a couple of days ago. Now, every few minutes it loses all internet connectivity. It seems that when the screen goes off, everything disconnects. So web versions of what's app, Messages for web, etc. all disconnect. I've rebooted phone, router, same thing. It's super annoying that I'm having to constantly unlock my phone and open messages or what's app to get it to reconnect.

0 Likes
12 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Settings
Apps
Show system app
Search for network
Clear data of all related app
0 Likes
MWS2022
Galaxy
Options
Note20
since I put the beta on my S21 ultra, my Wi-Fi has been disconnecting several times an hour. long story short I did everything reset everything, kept doing it, but when I did what you did above, it made my Wi-Fi stable again.. I can only guess there must have been some leftover Network code that got corrupted by the beta causing the router to reset.. anyone please chime in with their ideas of what is going on here
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Do you use VPN?
0 Likes
MWS2022
Galaxy
Options
Note20
no vpn... straight connection, arris gateway sb6700 AC Mediacom high-speed internet... I have a thermostat provision to my router as well, wondering if that could have played a part in messing with settings, your trick seems to have worked after about 5-6 hours no dropouts, before it was several an hour... like my Wi-Fi router would reset, all my devices would stop connecting to it and it would stop broadcasting a signal, and about 5 minutes later it would come back, this happened several times an hour.. huge Pita
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Check the developer option for randomized Mac address
0 Likes
MWS2022
Galaxy
Options
Note20
that is currently off.. everything's working now after your fix... I'm guessing 12 beta messed something up and you're fixed fixed it
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Could have been some conflict in configuration files between 12 and 11
0 Likes
MWS2022
Galaxy
Options
Note20
well I just happened to stumble upon your solution when I was just looking under networking in general to see if there were any other issues.. this guy has a different phone than me but it made sense.. thanks very much and peace out!
0 Likes
MWS2022
Galaxy
Options
Note20
back for a quick question... I can see goofing up the Wi-Fi on the phone but why would the router completely reset and knock all my other devices off and stop broadcasting for a few minutes?
0 Likes