JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Crashing apps and other issues on Note 20 ultra 5G

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 06:22 AM)
TimmA64
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I have a note 20 ultra 5G unlocked on Verizon. I recently ran into a problem where a few of my apps just kept on crashing and some were just literally freezing up. After doing a restart and clearing the cash they worked for maybe a half an hour and then started crashing again. I ran a diagnostic trying to find what was causing the issue and nothing was found. I was thinking about doing a complete reset but decided to just do a settings reset. It worked perfectly. Whatever new setting that ui5 had implemented this corrected it. Before doing a complete data wipe I would consider trying this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TimmA64
Galaxy
Options
Note20
It's been 2 days so far since I just did a settings reset and my phone is working perfectly. You do not have to wipe your data in all situations.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Caramrod
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Wipe the phone that's the only way it'll potentially fix it.
0 Likes
Solution
TimmA64
Galaxy
Options
Note20
It's been 2 days so far since I just did a settings reset and my phone is working perfectly. You do not have to wipe your data in all situations.
drtechnology
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

please reply to my thread (post) on this ...

I and many others I know on Samsung devices after the OneUI 5 Android 13 update are having several issues!  It seems a data/internet connection cannot be had, even when you have 5G connection and full bars for the reception.  Sometimes even on wifi - Restarting the phone works but 5-25 min later same issue and apps crash or do not work due to loss of data connection!

Has about 33% faster battery drain we notice too now.  I am trying to see how widespread either or both of these issues are!

0 Likes
TimmA64
Galaxy
Options
Note20
It's been two days and I was having pretty much the similar problems as you. Of course I don't get 5G in my area because of eglin Air Force Base blocking the area but my 4G LTE is very fast. But after doing a settings reset because something was obviously conflicting with other apps it seems to be working perfectly.
0 Likes