Original topic:

Custom Edge Color by app

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 5:05 PM)
Members_7SAXGcy
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Just updated my phone today and not sure if anyone else is experiencing a loss of being able to pick a color for certain apps in the edge lighting.

P.S.- I know it has been moved to "brief pop up" (and is no longer called edge lighting) in Notifications and I'm not talking about keyword colors, I'm talking about being able to select a certain color for a  certain app instead of it defaulting the colors for you. 

For example, before the update I had my Messages color set to purple by my Cashapp color set to Green, now I can't do that. 

Please bring this option back, not sure why it was gutted with this new update

6 Replies
Options
Note20
mine is the same thing. can't pick colours at all
0 Likes
Jacky21
Astronaut
Options
Note20
is in popup summary settings
0 Likes
Jacky21
Astronaut
Options
Note20
en tha 2 line

clipboard_image_1609306999017.jpg

0 Likes
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Note20
I use the Keyword option in breif-popup settings. it's the only workaround I could find. I add the app as the Keyword, then change the color. There isn't a huge range of colors but you can still color them separately. I have PayPal as a teal color and Instagram as a pinkish color (paypal sometimes reverts back to dark blue but IG stays the color I chose). It works alright/pretty good. It works better for contacts though. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
user5DKG88A5HT
Constellation
Options
Note20
How can I delete multiple Gmails?
I cannot find a select all.
0 Likes
crundle
Asteroid
Options
Note20
custom edge color by app doesn't work on my Samsung S10 either. For some unknown reason they removed that option with Android 11 and I was hoping it would be back with the 3.1 update but no luck. Samsung please bring this option back. I used it for my different apps and really loved it.
0 Likes