Original topic:

DECEPTION

(Topic created on: 3/11/21 5:06 PM)
useroVLTKL3PhD
Constellation
Options
Note20

Hello, greetings, first of all I want to say that this is the first review I make, and it is a pity that it is negative, I have always been a consumer of Samsung products, since I believe in quality and I have always liked them, since I changed My iPhone years ago for the S7 I was delighted with Samsung products, until now, it turns out that I bought a Note20 Ultra and made a trade in for my S10 + and I think it was a huge mistake, I have been 2 months and something with the phone And although I take care of it with extreme caution, it has the screen full of small scratches, almost imperceptible, but for a phone of more than 1000 dollars it is a shame, even my S10 + that I sent you had the screen like the day 1 that I bought it, since I am extremely cautious, even when I am in the Bradley (vehicle that we use in the US Army) I always leave my phone in my locker, and believe me when I say that I am very piky with care, I bought a SmartWatch with SIM card not to use the phone in no ambie nte that it could damage it, and, Lol, it is the worst experience I have had so far with you, and I seriously thought about going back to Iphone Lol, greetings and I hope you have a good day.

2 Replies
Options
Note20
Did the Note20 come with a pre-installed screen protector (like the S20 did)? I'm only asking because I'm curious if you're seeing tiny scratches on that vs the actual screen.
0 Likes
Options
Note20

It is a "huge mistake" because of "small scratches, almost imperceptible"?  Have you ever heard of screen protectors?  Do you understand how glass works?  Lots of things in this world can scratch glass, including tiny bits of dust that can be made of materials harder than glass.  These materials can be so small that they get between the ridges of your fingerprints, and cause these scratches when said finger contacts, and is rubbed against the screen.  It is sad that this happens, but there is no way to prevent it, other than using more expensive materials like Sapphire, which would drive the phone cost up to astronomical figures.  Samsung has partnered with a company called Corning who produces the screens on these devices.  Corning has been working with different types of manufacturing processes to make glass more shatter, and scratch resistant, and their latest and greatest discovery is on the phone you speak of (Note20 Ultra).  Your complaint is really with Corning, not Samsung, as Samsung is only trying to provide the best glass available in the scratch and shatter resistance field.  You would have the same scratches with any iPhone you use, as they do not use Gorilla Glass Victus, like the Note20 Does.

If you install a screen protector that has adhesive over the entire screen, these micro scratches will be hidden, and then all of the damage done to the screen from this point on (barring drops) will occur on the screen protector that can easily be replaced.  The ones with adhesive throughout the screen are also fully compatible with your in-screen fingerprint reader.

0 Likes