JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't access the Data Folder on MyFiles anymore

(Topic created: 01-03-2021 12:21 PM)
Warfare
Astronaut
Options
Note20

You can't access the data folder on my files anymore. The folder is very important you lose one of the greatest things about Android. Not anymore the scoped storage is for security or whatever. Now I can't play my games because I can't use my files trust me the update is great. But when I found out I couldn't do anything with my files barley anymore I hated it. I want samsung to fix this and get rid of this part of the android with their my files app. Or to get away from android and create a better os.

16 Replies
Mirrot
Asteroid
Options
Note20
there should be an app in the appstore to allow you to access files anyways, but this must be a glitch because I agree, this is a very essential function for samsung phones, I'm sure they will address this soon.
Warfare
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Mirrot it's sadly not a glitch I tested over 20 file app and the only ways you can do it with a computer I don't have one so you can't do emulators anymore share game files and this is because of security reasons so I need samsung to fix it or I am switching to Apple and I hate then but their is still way to do stuff on apple easier now I can't believe android did this
Dev One
Astronaut
Options
Note20

The X-plore File Manager is the only file manager app that I know of to date that has solved the post-Android 11 "Loading Error! Access Denied" problem created by Google. With X-plore, you can stay on Android 11 and enjoy the pretty new aesthetics, but also still access files in your Android data folder. I'm sure the other file explorers will catch up eventually, but right now, it's Lonely Cat Games for the win.

Shawn80
Astronaut
Options
Note20
How does the X-plore file manager help with retrieving the lost android files?
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Dev One
Astronaut
Options
Note20

One file manager figured it out. See my reply on this thread.

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Note20
Magisk with TWRP recovery if you Definitely need to access your Data and Obb files. It's not the perfect solution but an easy one nonetheless
Warfare
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I'll test it out thanks
0 Likes
Solution
useraRYRBjWj03
Constellation
Options
Note20

Yo, try this