JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable or mute specific notifications temp?

(Topic created: 11-15-2021 05:22 PM)
Options
Note20
I was wondering if it is possible to temporarily mute or disable notifications from a specific app when it pops up in the notification bar. For example a motion alert from a camera is continuously being triggered by person temporarily outside you already know is there.  Thanks in advance for any help. 
0 Likes
9 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
Long pressing on a notification in your quick panel will allow you to open notification settings.

You can turn them off from there. I must note that temporary mute isn't an option (yet). Just remember to turn them back on later
Options
Note20
Yea I knew that already, that's why I asked about a
"temporary " or "timed" solution. Because as u stated, you must remember to turn them back on, which I do not end up doing 😄 Also, it is a bit inconvenient doing it that way. I would think if not a native solution, there must be a 3rd party app to achieve the temporary solution?
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
I mentioned it so you weren't left hanging without a reply. I don't think there's any way to temporarily silence an app.
0 Likes
Options
Note20
I use an app called Llama that allows you to set timed/scheduled notifications. It has a bit of learning curve though. But once you "master" it it's very helpful. Or maybe Bixby could help?!
Options
Note20
Thank you MochaVex & Monique028 for your responses..I figured since "Do not disturb" has a temporary mute type feature that Samsung would integrate a similar feature for notifications..but I guess no dice. I was using and S7 before my current Note 20 Ultra..so moving to Android 11 from, I believe "marshmallow " has been a sliiiight learning curve 😆
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Note20
When I went from Oreo to Pie, it was an entirely new zone, completely understandable.

Well hey! Stick around. If you ever need help in the future you can always direct message me. I'll try my best to help.
Solution
userQTf3TWt6s6
Asteroid
Options
Note20
In the drop down menu, slide the notification slightly left or right, tap the bell icon, and you'll have the option to disable the notification for four presets times. SmartSelect_20211116-132023_Samsung Members_1479981.jpgSmartSelect_20211116-132007_Samsung Members_1479980.jpg
Options
Note20
THANK YOU!!
0 Likes
Options
Note20
What userqtf3t said in above reply DOES work! THANK YOU! Solution Found 😀
0 Likes