cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Do Not Disturb turn off early

I previously had the Note 9 and upgraded to the Note 20 hoping the issue was my two year old phone. 

I have my DND set to come on everyday at 10pm-9am but everyday it turns off 2am. Notifications have woken me up which is how I discovered this happening.  Not just that it also starts 3 hours early.  It's starts at 7pm when i have set time for 10 pm. 

Please do not suggest factory reset. I only had this phone for about 3 weeks. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix for this? 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Do Not Disturb turn off early

Do you by chance have your phone set to auto-restart during the middle of the night? 

Settings -> Device care -> 3 dot menu -> Advanced -> "Auto restart"

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Do Not Disturb turn off early

It's set to off.
Highlighted
Constellation

My issue has not been solved. It still cuts off at 2am when it should stop at 9am. I was left with no other option than changing the start time to 2am. It still turns on at 7pm when it was set to start at 10pm.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Check the duration setting under Do Not Disturb
Highlighted
Constellation

Duration was off before and I actually turned it on to see if it'll make it stay on. Duration is set 8 hours and yesterday it still turned off at 2am. I got a notification at 3am last night that woke me up, showed it turned off again.

Just note. it didn't always do this. It use to work perfectly fine. It started doing this I want to say in the last month.
Highlighted
Asteroid

try to see if you have any exceptions allowed?
Highlighted
Constellation

no exception are allowed. From my Note 9 to my Note 20 nothing has changed. I have everything silenced during that time. if worked fine until about a month ago. it's been that way for 2 years, it worked fine. only in the last month did it began to start 3 hours early and cut off at 2am