JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the Note 20 Ultra have 120hz gaming?

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 12:07 AM)
ThisGuy2
Constellation
Options
Note20
I don't believe so because even though I play games with higher frame rate I only get 60fps. This is kinda sad because the 120hz display is basically useless for gaming 😕 😪

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Note20
The device itself supports 120hz gaming but the game developers have to add support for the adaptive refresh rate of the device's screen. once they do, you'll see a definite difference. I would email the developers and leave feedback ratings just try and push them to add support.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Note20
Its a cellphone first everything else is an added bonus. Get a Gaming phone(Asus Rog) if you want to play games at high Refresh rates.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Note20

This one is hard to explain, but here we go, the Refresh Rate of your phone (60hz, and 120hz) are different that Frame Rates.  Increasing the refresh rate to 120Hz will not increase your frame rate.  So yes, 120Hz does work for games, but if the game is locked at 60FPS then it will not excede 60FPS but those frames are drawn on the phone at 120hz.  It is a bit complicated, and I am not good at explaining it, but you are basicly comparing apples to submarines.

SirOsis
Asteroid
Options
Note20
it depends on the game. if it supports an unlocked frame rate then it will, if not it will probably show at 60fps. there are a few 120 Hz games and Minecraft does run at 120fps on the S20 Ultra.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Note20
The device itself supports 120hz gaming but the game developers have to add support for the adaptive refresh rate of the device's screen. once they do, you'll see a definite difference. I would email the developers and leave feedback ratings just try and push them to add support.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
ThisGuy2
Constellation
Options
Note20
Thanks for the helpful replies everyone.
0 Likes