JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Revert back to previous update, downgrade One UI 3.0?

(Topic created: 12-17-2020 11:03 AM)
EHud11
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hi Everyone.  My wife's Note 20 just updated to Android 11/One UI 3.0 and she doesn't like it at all... she doesn't do well with change 😉

Is there any way to roll her AT&T Note 20 (not ultra) back to the previous version?

I told her probably not, but that I'd ask the community.

Thanks!

17 Replies
Options
Note20
Search for the Android 10 files for your specific model online, download them and manually install.
Just a reminder that once you downgrade the software, it will be factory reset so make sure to back up all your files
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

There is not an authorized way to revert back to a previous software version.

Options
Note20
Hello,

What is the authorized way to revert back to Android 10? I have multiple issues and reported each using the forum and the bug report form on this app. It has been over 2 weeks and it is getting worse. I need to restart the phone every 10 minutes (when using the browser), the phone is hot to the touch, and the battery lasts under a day (used to last 3 days).

I keep getting a message about com.google.android.gms.persistent taking up to 45% of the CPU. I give permission to close, but the message returns in bit all the time.
0 Likes
MikeC86
Nebula
Options
Note20
Use Odin to flash earlier firmware for your particular phone.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Please know that modifying your own software, could void the warranty of your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MikeC86
Nebula
Options
Note20
Odin is Samsung software that flashes official firmware. It's not modifying software just reloading it back on the phone. I understand rooting would void warranty because it trips Knox security on Samsung devices. Opting out of beta essentially downgrades your firmware.
Options
Note20
Hello,

How do I opt out of the beta?

How long will this beta last? I'm having to restart my Note 20 every 15 to 20 minutes or so (frequent loss of Internet even with both 5G and WIFI6). Says mostly DNS error site not found, but it exists after a restart.

The phone is running hot and the battery lasts under a day.
0 Likes
Solution
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
As others have said, you can reinstall an older OS. The big caveats are:
1. Make sure you have the correct firmware version for your model/carrier.
2. The process will factory reset your device.
3. Depending on your carrier, updates may be forced on you anyway. So, after going through all the trouble, the phone will force you to get the update again within two weeks.

Ask me how I know. 😉
EHud11
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Thanks for the feedback. Your caveats have convinced my wife to work on learning to love the new volume controls 😉