JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Revert back to previous update, downgrade One UI 3.0?

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 10:55 AM)
EHud11
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Hi Everyone.  My wife's Note 20 just updated to Android 11/One UI 3.0 and she doesn't like it at all... she doesn't do well with change 😉

Is there any way to roll her AT&T Note 20 (not ultra) back to the previous version?

I told her probably not, but that I'd ask the community.

Thanks!

17 Replies
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
Yup; easiest thing to do. "Resistance is futile." 😄
0 Likes
phinsxiii
Asteroid
Options
Note20
how do you know and how do you do this?
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
You can search for instructions to downgrade your phone's Android OS, and should get several results leading you to the right software and firmware. It's not for the faint of heart, and the process is too long to detail here. BUT, the really bad thing is that your carrier may force updates on you anyway.
I know because I downgraded my Note's OS when Samsung removed Pro Video on the camera in an update. A few days later, BOOM, "Software update is ready to install," with no way to stop it. Downgraded again, and the same thing happened. After the third time, I gave up. It was a losing battle, and you have to completely wipe your data every time you downgrade.
phinsxiii
Asteroid
Options
Note20
My issue is that Samsung should have a simpler method for returning to official release software from their Beta trials. Their documented method doesn't work on new Macs or Macs that have upgraded to the new MacOS. Nowhere in their documentation does it say don't do this unless you have a PC or an older Mac to downgrade. Samsung's software is garbage on the Mac and their downgrade process is garbage.
user55rrgVsp3V
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Could you please please give me a more detailed description of how you downgraded or what websites to use? I've been looking for how to for no joke 8 hours and it's driving me crazy. 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Options
Note20

Hello,

I need help with this solution.  Where does one find and apply this thing called firmware?

0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Note20
sammobile.com
0 Likes